Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who makes long .40 ammo

Sandbagger123

i reload but have friends that don't. a few recently got sti and they run better with long ammo according to our test. i know Atlanta Arms does, but being on the west coast the shipping is expensive.

So what other companies offer long .40 loaded at 1.18 to 1.20

Thanks

I have inquires with Expansion Industries and Freedom Munitions (forum vendor) about a long load 40. They both have factory length 40 loads and EI has a 180gr offering that runs at ~950 FPS.

I ordered a 500rd sample from EI and the promotional shipping was $5.

I'll post any information I receive from either manufacturer regarding a 40 long load.

Also, does anybody know what is up with Atlanta Arms website? It refuses to load, keeps saying website is not avaliable.

Not sure but I know in the past you had to contact them for a price list as they didn't publish it

I just emailed twobrothers about long ammo cause ive used it before. They said there wasnt much demand so the put it on the back burner but he said he would make up a batch and contact me.

i would understand that. I bet only a small amount of. 40 2011 owners do not reload.

Armscor used to make what they called their "IPSC" load that were about 1.18". There were 2 issues: first of all, it was truly IPSC ammo loaded for Standard Division power factor so it was hotter than necessary. Secondly, you could not use it if you displayed childish behavior :rolleyes: . Dunno if it is available anymore.

post-400-0-14937600-1430183547_thumb.jpg

I am pretty sure this stuff was made in the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some .40 180gr long major suggested in this thread and chrono'd them. These were their reman/practice ammo. Gun used for chrono was a STI DVC.

10 shot average FPS:

Delta Precision: 996

Atlanta Arms: 955

Automatic Accuracy: 950

Still waiting on UniversalAmmo. They don't have any practice ammo in stock and are waiting for more powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some .40 180gr long major suggested in this thread and chrono'd them. These were their reman/practice ammo. Gun used for chrono was a STI DVC.

10 shot average FPS:

Delta Precision: 996

Atlanta Arms: 955

Automatic Accuracy: 950

Still waiting on UniversalAmmo. They don't have any practice ammo in stock and are waiting for more powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're getting good groups, looks like Automatic Accuracy and Atlanta Arms have your ticket, assuming you can live with the pricetag