Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Powder Residue on C More

bigboy69

Ok, I have the same basic setup as most.

I have a 2011 with 2 popple holes right behind the comp. I have a blast shield for my C More but I'm still getting a lot of residue on the lens. What is everyone doing to keep it from getting on there?

I use Auto Comp on my 9mm Major STI... after 3 stages I clean with NICE N CLEAN lens wipe ... removes any residue pronto.. keep a dozen or so in my range bag.. they are non scratching - non streaking ...

Keeping the oils on the barrel/slide to a minimum is a must. I have tried the set back mounts but I still get stuff on the lens. I use this and attach it to my belt loop so I can clean my lens in a few seconds and keep it handy:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=374562&gclid=CjwKEAjwru6oBRDDp4jRj4bL_xASJADJ2obyalbFA2TkGoljgjIFPemBstq9587x-gyoEcY7y-906BoCU83w_wcB&is=REG&Q=&A=details

They sell other brands at Sportsman Warehouse and places like that.

I have a full size gun in 9 major with a cheely comp and 2 popple holes. I use a Quinn 3 sideways mount with an aluminum slide ride. My load is a 115 JHP over 9.4gr HS6 or 10.5gr AA#7. If I haven't cleaned my gun recently, I squirt some mobil 1 on the frame rails and coat the barrel leading up to the comp.

I do think most of the residue found on the lens is lube being atomized and sprayed from the action of the gun. I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I wiped the lens of during a match. I'm sure it is dirtier at the end of a match, but if you are shooting with both eyes open, a dirty lens shouldn't slow you down.

• 1 month later...

Someone on here, (can't find the thread), also suggested treating your C-More lens with Rain-X, to make it easier to remove the grime.

I just bought a CK Arms gun in 9 Major with 3 popple holes, and I switched it from a vertical offset mount to a Cheely horizontal, because that's what I'm used to, so we'll see how it goes. I tried the Cheely setback, but it interfered with my thumb rest and the extended Zig racker that I ordered. (Zig racker was hitting the body of the C-More with it that far back.)

I wipe my lense between each stage with a microfiber cloth, then clean it when back on the bench. There are many cleaners that work, vinegar, degreaser, even a little lime & scale on a Q-tip will do the trick. I've been using these methods for years without damage or fogging of the glass. The glass will outlive the rest of the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Checo