Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Police trade-ins...really

LegionShooter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stippled grip guns may have been nicer to hold and hence shot more! If you can I'd certainly request one with the changeable breech. That's a feature well worth having.

Honest question...Why is the IBF a feature worth having? I don't understand that in a Limited gun. I mainly shoot Limited and have seen very few (possibly no) stages where a 24 round minor gun would have an advantage over a 22 round major gun. Plus you would have to have a different barrel, extractor and ejector fit for the gun. Then go through the trouble of finding two different loads from two different calibers that hit the same poa/poi to keep from constantly messing with the sights.

The stippled grip guns may have been nicer to hold and hence shot more! If you can I'd certainly request one with the changeable breech. That's a feature well worth having.

Honest question...Why is the IBF a feature worth having? I don't understand that in a Limited gun. I mainly shoot Limited and have seen very few (possibly no) stages where a 24 round minor gun would have an advantage over a 22 round major gun. Plus you would have to have a different barrel, extractor and ejector fit for the gun. Then go through the trouble of finding two different loads from two different calibers that hit the same poa/poi to keep from constantly messing with the sights.

Pretty much the whole reason behind the IBF, (other than caliber change) is to be able to replace an eroded breech face without having to replace the whole slide......

As ranger trace kindly pointed out its big plus is a worn or damaged breech face can be cheaply replaced without junking an expensive slide. I'm the major pf guns (particularly open, not so much lim) that is a positive.

The potential to change calibres by just swapping barrel/mags/extractor is a nice possibility too.

In this case since its been mentioned there were 2 batches I'd also guess the ibf guns are the newer batch. :)

Here are the pics I took while cleaning, including barrel hood and breechface:

http://imgur.com/a/0iFiW

The bad news is the corrosion on the thumb safety, grip safety, and rear sight.

As you can see from the pics, the pitting is really deep, so those parts are trash at this point :(

The worst part is that the same corrosion is in the serrations of the slide. None of the other guns I've seen have these corrosion issues.

I'm going to call sportsmans tomorrow to deal with this issue. We'll see how that works out.

Edited by jtaylor996

I ALMOST forgot to mention. After cleaning and reassembly I measured the trigger pull with my gauge.

1.5-1.75#

On a gun carried by a cop...

that didn't shoot it much...

o_O

Yeah, I don't even go that low on my carry Infinitys......that's like my match gun trigger weight!!

I ALMOST forgot to mention. After cleaning and reassembly I measured the trigger pull with my gauge.

1.5-1.75#

On a gun carried by a cop...

that didn't shoot it much...

o_O

Yeah, I don't even go that low on my carry Infinitys......that's like my match gun trigger weight!!
4.5 carry gun 3.0 comp

Like I said, Larry was a master class IPSC'er. I think he thought he was gonna make a whole SWAT team of masters. Except most didn't like to shoot beyond the monthly training. You can give some one a Cup car, doesn't put them on the podium at the end of the season. New sheriff decided everyone would carry Glock 22s, and the SVs went into the armory until recently. I was ready to take out a loan and buy them all when he asked if $800 was too much to ask for them.

So if any of y'all are still on the fence, I just want to say that sportsman's has been good to deal with. Just make sure to deal with them BEFORE you complete the FFL transfer.

As you can see from the other pics I posted, the most important wear surfaces on these guns (rails, breechface, barrel, small parts) are in fantastic condition.

All in all, these guns are awesome deals, and if you're on the fence, go ahead an buy one!

Edited by jtaylor996

All I keep wondering is how in the world did these SWAT guys qualify with an 8lb LEO Glock trigger after carrying these for a few years.

Cool history in these guns but I'd much rather send Brandon $1000 and stash $250/month away whilst I waited the 12 months to get something like this instead...

2D64614E-62AB-483B-A2F6-0A602646A148_zps

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Sure, Jesse, if it's all the same to you I'll trade ;)

What are the details on those grips of yours?

Also, do you like the fiber optics in the rear sight like that? I just ordered new sights, but opted for the plain competition rear (parabolic FO front).

Edited by jtaylor996