Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whiskey Arms - Aluminum Low Mass BCG

IntenseImage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth it in some aspects, but not others. Do you shoot major matches or dabble in club level stuff? Tune it with your gas and it will shoot flatter. Is it worth the cost vs. shorter life? Only your wallet, ego, and skill set can tell that.

I just ran mine for the first time yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I skeletonized my buffer so it is predictably over gassed. Even still, recoil was nonexistent. I'm looking forward to tuning the system further to see how soft I can get it to shoot.

This buffer weighs 3.91oz and is very finely made. Before I ordered, I spoke with Will at length and he appears to be a class act. I ran it very wet and I did not see any signs of wear after 30 rounds. (I know. not much evidence)

For those of us willing to sacrifice auto fire and really pare the weight down, there is more material than can be removed without a strength penalty and I'm looking forward to making it even lighter.

Nah, maybe Comp Eliminator. TFs get rebuilt after every pass. I won't rebuild a rifle after every stage.

I do have one of these on the way going into a build that will get shot a LOT with some other test parts.

My sons rifle has the prototype and has over 2,000 rounds through it. His rifle is extremely light, soft, flat and fast. Stays on target better than my rife with half the weight. Mine is JP barrel, LMOS BCG, silent capture spring and more. Don't get me wrong. I love my rifle and it shoots great but my next build will be a Whiskey Arms build. I will be replacing my JP LMOS BCG with a Whiskey Arms LBC soon. Will Wallace is a great guy and is very involved in our sport. If you are ever at the Texas Multigun monthly match find me and try my sons rifle out. You will not be disappointed.

Right now I am running a pinned 14.5 mid-length gas with a standard BCG and a carbine buffer. If I get one of these, would I need to change out my buffer? Would I need to do any other mods?

MarkCO keep your load and get a Syrac adjustable gas block. Even if you don't get the LBC you will still see a difference in your rifle. You adjust your gas to your gun. Very easy and efficient. Then you install the LBC and you will see even a bigger difference.

I just ran mine for the first time yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I skeletonized my buffer so it is predictably over gassed. Even still, recoil was nonexistent. I'm looking forward to tuning the system further to see how soft I can get it to shoot.

This bolt carrier weighs 3.91oz and is very finely made. Before I ordered, I spoke with Will at length and he appears to be a class act. I ran it very wet and I did not see any signs of wear after 30 rounds. (I know. not much evidence)

For those of us willing to sacrifice auto fire and really pare the weight down, there is more material than can be removed without a strength penalty and I'm looking forward to making it even lighter.

(Changed buffer to bolt carrier for clarity)

Set mine up this morning ... With a VDI carrier I was @ 7 clicks on my SLR block. With this carrier I dropped to 6 clicks but am a little overgassed. If I drop down to 5 clicks I don't lock on empty. Kinda wish SLR offered finer adjustments ... but its running very nice, that's for sure