Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Kentucky Section(State) Match

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooter Grrl,

Yes you can. We are shooting it on Sunday. Last I checked, there where many empty slots on Sunday.

Zookeeper, latewatch, Mrs. Airedale, and I are on squad 17 with several other good folks. We have one slot left and you would be welcome to join us. We have fun.

Dave

Anybody know if we can shoot the whole match Sunday :) Since I'm relocating to Kentucy, this weekend, I'd really like to shoot this.

Hi Kathy,

I called and spoke to Lee yesterday and he told me there were still openings so Larry and I are driving up from Atlanta in the morning to shoot Saturday (In case you get there early :) ).

Hope to see you and Dave there.

Carlos

I just spoke with Mrs. Lee who said walk ons for Sunday were a-ok! See y'all there. We have to go to Cincy tomorrow to find a place to live but will try to make it to the range to look at stages Saturday afternoon.

Kathy,

Send me a PM with names, USPSA #'s, division and class and I will put you in the EZWinScore system and save you some time at registration.

Dale

Off to the KY Section match. SG and hubby make 183 shooters so far registered. With walk in's we should be over 200. If you are there please introduce yourself, I'll be working Stage Darth Yeker.

Maku Mozo!

According to the weather channel, there is a little rain predicted on Friday morning then they go agay until Sunday evening.

Then again, Robert is right. What's wrong with a little mud (as long as we do not have to bag the targets <_<

We had serious rain last night (I'm ~30 miles SW as the crow flies). Across a, roughly, 50 miles north/south area, rainfall varied from 2 to 6+ inches yesterday.

It rained very heavily about 5AM this morning ruining the morning Airedale pasture run.

The sun is out and Silver Creek ground should tighten up pretty quickly. I suspect today's shooters will be pretty muddy.

Tommorrow will be good and by Sunday it should be nearly normal.

Dave

Interim results are posted on the USPSA Major Match Results in the members section.

Leaders so far:

Limited Emanuel Bragg

Limited_10 Jim Shanahan

Open Brad Balsley

Production Richard Seery

Revolver Steven Lowe

This was the best state match I have ever attended. The stages were challenging and fun, the props and stages were the nicest setups I have ever seen, and the flow, my squad was finished at 2:30, yes 10 stages and lunch and out at 2:30! The staff really had their acts together too, true professionals! Too many names to mention, but thanks to all of you who worked this match! Many forum members there, which is nice. I shot horribly, couldn't keep my head in the game, just sloppy, but great fun. I have attended many state, area, and national matches, but this one was awesome! Thanks again to all who made it happen.

Fomeister is absolutely correct. It was an awesome match. B) Penalties will be my undoing! :angry: Despite them I had possibly the most fun at any match in over a year. Thanks to all the people that volunteered to work!

Great meeting many of the forum members.

My compliments to the match staff for an excellent day at the range. Colorful props, interesting courses :wacko: OK some were more interesting then others, but when you chose the way of the wheelgun, sometimes the way gets a little bumpy.......

I had the pleasure of meeting some more forum members. My daughter was able to take part in her first major match in several years, and she made her dad's day.

My thanks to all concerned, for a very good time.

i agree with almost everything fomeister said...great match, excellent stages, good props...and i even shot horribly too :lol:.

i shot friday. got to the range at 9 and we didnt start shooting until around 11:30. i knew that was going to be trouble for my 9-hour drive home. finally finished shooting around 6pm (no break for lunch), got home around 3am. weather thursday evening really sucked (HEAVY rain) and i'm sure that had something to do with the late start.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who worked to put on such a great match. This was my first major match and I had a great time. My shootings sucked but still I had a great time. The RO's were very professional and worked to get everyone through as quickly as possible. With the storms that rolled through on Thursday night all of the guys and gals did a great job. Also thanks to everyone on squad 1. Akidale, Rhino, Jeremy, Dave Ball, Teddy, and anyone else who I may have overlooked. I had a great time.