Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock IIIs anyone?

Nealio

Weight comparison All 9mm

Lim pro- slide,19.35oz. Frame-19.35. Gun-39.15

Stock 11. Slide 18.55. Frame 20.55. Gun. 39.50. ( this gun has wooden grips, the others have EG aluminum grips .75oz heavier)

Stock 111. Slide 19.25. Frame. 22.85. Gun. 42.55

Limited slide-19.30 (note it weighs less than the lim pro non cone Barrel slide)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock 11. Slide 18.55. Frame 20.55. Gun. 39.50. ( this gun has wooden grips, the others have EG aluminum grips .75oz heavier)

Limited slide-19.30 (note it weighs less than the lim pro non cone Barrel slide)

Why would the slide weight be any different on the Lim Pro and the stk 3? Is it a typo or does the chrome really weigh a tenth of an ounce? These slide weights are including the barrel and other small parts right?

I can only assume the chrome has more weight. Also small discrepancies in the forging/castings occur I suppose. The beavertails on all these guns are different. The lim pros are longer and the stock 3s are fatter and shorter.

The slide weights include all parts. The frames did not include the slide stop.

I have a pair of Stock II's in 9mm and a Stock III in .40 and now in 9mm. I can tell a difference in the weight but it's more towards the front of the gun. Once I do a trigger job on my 9mm and get it competition ready I am gonna do some side by side shooting with them but I don't think it'll be a huge difference. I do like it being a little longer.

So even with the cone barrel, the S3 has more weight on the nose?

stock III has more weight up the front because of longer dust cover and the rail add weight. longer slide too.

it is only .25inch. 4.5 vs 4.75inch.

Cleaning rod down barrel method.

So basically muzzle to breech face.

That's really interesting, I had no idea the barrels were that long in the stock III's I though they were 4.75" as advertised. Is that the same for the LIM PRO's does anyone know?

Completely agree, idHawk hooked a lot of people up with a really amazing deal! Thanks!

Those of you that have received your guns all ready, did they come with the straight barrels with conventional rifling or polygonal rifling?

Though I would answer my own question because others may be curious.

These come with the conventionally rifled barrel, at least mine did... Also, I though the stock III's came with the one piece sear, but this one has the two piece in it from the factory. I assume its the same one that comes in the S2. Is it really worth switching to the one piece. Definitely seams like it would be easier to reassemble.

Anyone know what a G34 slide weighs? By hand, the S3 slide feels maybe slightly lighter. Pretty awesome to have that much weight advantage plus 8 lbs recoil spring AND a lighter slide. All the ingredients for good recoil control.

All measured with digital calipers crown to breech face

Thanks chuck. :)

For the guys doing the length thing of published figures it's hit and miss. Eaa and tanfo quoted weights and measures are not always correct.

As chuck demonstrates. 4.5 and 4.75 for s2 and s3.

I wonder if this is one of the 21 Stock III's that came in? They got it on GB quick if so

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=475595541

I sure hope it's not! But I do notice they pull the description from somewhere, and it says polygonal rifling. I hate it when a company isn't consistent about how they advertise, or manufacture a product. It was definitely a let down to find my new S3 didn't come with it...

I wonder if this is one of the 21 Stock III's that came in? They got it on GB quick if so

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=475595541

I sure hope it's not! But I do notice they pull the description from somewhere, and it says polygonal rifling. I hate it when a company isn't consistent about how they advertise, or manufacture a product. It was definitely a let down to find my new S3 didn't come with it...

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was one