Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable gas blocks

rugerdawg

I've been looking for an adjustable gas block and pretty much use the advise of the knowledge shared on this forum as my "go to". The SLR sentry 7 appears to have a good following and would most likely fit under a noveske nsr rail, but has anyone tried the wilson combat version. They both appear to adjust from the front , which would be my preference.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link TonytheTiger. So Wilson Combat is out of the question. :)

What's the hottest adjustable gas block these days? Will be running LMOS bcg and want to be able close it completely and adjust for different ammo. SLR Sentry? Syrac Gen II?

Had the Syrac Gen 1 and the adjustment screw would constantly stick and I'd have to put some quick rounds through the gun to break it loose. SLR has been on for a few matches now with NO sticking. Seems to be the better mousetrap. Also the guys at SLR serve up some great customer service!

Had the Syrac Gen 1 and the adjustment screw would constantly stick and I'd have to put some quick rounds through the gun to break it loose. SLR has been on for a few matches now with NO sticking. Seems to be the better mousetrap. Also the guys at SLR serve up some great customer service!

+1 What he says here. I own several SLR Sentry 7's

I had the Syrac Gen 2 clamp on and I had a heck of a time with it. I currently run the Seekins block and it was easy to line up and my gas has been a whole lot better. I would like to try the CCR one, but 150$ for a gas block is spendy. I do know a guy that has one and he loves it.

I just bought a second SLR as well. It's bad to the bone. Easier to access the adjustment screw if your rifle is set up in a reasonable fashion, and doesn't really lend to allowing the shooter to ride the razor's edge of reliability by adjusting in teensy tiny increments like 1/32nd of a turn. It only allows for 1/4 turn increments. If you've dealt with tuning a gas block to performance without any margin for error and then eventually had cycling issues because of that, you come to appreciate the larger intermediate steps that the SLR offers. Great product, worth every penny. Extremely easy to use.