Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 bins

I have a 550b but am trying to come up with a more organized way to sort range brass. I use a Harvey Deprimer so I can deprime, inspect and sort all before wet tumbling. I am currently sorting into different size coffee jugs and misc containers. I was thinking the case bin from the 550 is just a bit small, but the 1050 would be about the right size to hold ~2lbs of brass. This would allow, in theory, to deprime and sort, and pour into the tumbler when a bin is full. If they are not full, I can just stack them up and push them back on the bench.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

I have a 550b but am trying to come up with a more organized way to sort range brass. I use a Harvey Deprimer so I can deprime, inspect and sort all before wet tumbling. I am currently sorting into different size coffee jugs and misc containers. I was thinking the case bin from the 550 is just a bit small, but the 1050 would be about the right size to hold ~2lbs of brass. This would allow, in theory, to deprime and sort, and pour into the tumbler when a bin is full. If they are not full, I can just stack them up and push them back on the bench.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

Check out the SL900 bins. Bigger and better! If you can find true akro bins great but the ones I saw at harbor freight were vastly inferior. Get the good stuff they're worth it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

Check out the SL900 bins. Bigger and better! If you can find true akro bins great but the ones I saw at harbor freight were vastly inferior. Get the good stuff they're worth it.

And you can get the Akro bins very affordably too, lots of color choices and sizes available. I have a bunch of them, quite handy.

Thanks guys. I looked at a few places last night before the snow set in. Unfortunately no one had them. However, this morning reading on reloading organization, I found a good site to get them inexpensive.

Edited by soundlzrd

I just sort my brass into cheap plastic bins from the dollar tree. They are color coded, and they nest inside each other, so when I'm done sorting, I steak them up and move them to the show off the garage. I tumble them once they get about half full (about 1k rounds of 9mm or equivalent). One bin for 9, 40, 45, and 223.

Can also get Akro bins from School Supply stores, or at least our carries in Red/Yellow/Blue. But its a dark blue, not Dillon Blue.

I got all of mine from Dillon and the only one that is Dillon blue is the one that came with the press. The others are all dark blue just like available everywhere

Never thought about the color of bins before but I mentioned this thread to my wife and since she's my color consultant if and when I need one I asked her about this. She assures me the two bins on the right are the same color but the smaller ones are different. The one on the right and the ones on the left came directly from Dillon and the one in the middle came from Enco. Her question was "who cares about this?"

post-10534-0-50611700-1424801615_thumb.j

Akro bins are good, but they don't store well. They are good if you want fixed bins.

We use these for brass and inventory:

http://www.uline.com/BL_189/Cross-Stack-Tubs

They cross stack and they nest when you aren't using them. 18x11x8 holds 2500 pieces of 556 easily. I use these under my presses to catch processed brass as well. On the 1050 you can fit a little slide under the ejector pin screw and remove the bin hanger. On the 650 you can fit the slide onto the bin hanger itself.