Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally made the switch to Dillon....

I spent the last 6 years loading on a progressive press that was not made by Dillon.... 2 nights ago I loaded on my new Dillon RL550B... I cannot believe how much time, energy, money and effort I wasted trying to get my old press to run like it should. I don't want to get into a pissing match so I'm not going to mention what brand it is but I am blown away at how EASY it is to load on my Dillon. Everything works. As it should. The first time.

I get it. I finally get why you guys all swear by Dillon..... I'm just sorry it took me so long to figure it out.

It´s a huge step from the 550 to the 650 too.

Save some money and buy another 650, you won´t believe the difference!

:surprise:

If I´m doing well, I´m loading roundabout 2.000 rounds of 9mm Luger in two hours with it.

Still have my 550 for the other calibers, which I shoot less, because the caliber switch is faster and easier.

The best part about Dillon is their customer service. Each time I've called them they were very helpful and would get a spare part out right away.

One time, I broke the E-clip on the top of my Dillon re-sizing die. I gave them a quick call to know what size to buy at the local hardware store which they provided right away, and I then went and bought one. Unbeknownst to me, they sent me a pack of them in the mail as a gift. They never indicated they were going to do that on the phone. It was a complete surprise. It was them going that extra mile that earned my business for life.

I also just started reloading on my first progressive last night. I bought a 550b and couldn't be happier. After I figured out the primer magazine problem (didn't realize the actual magazine was different from large to small?) I was able to work up a load for .40 s&w. Tested them today and came back home and blew through 100 more in about 20 mins. Then tonight I changed tool heads primer system and worked up my previous 45 acp load. And was able to put together about 150 without any problems what so ever.

I am so glad I believed what I read on the Internet and drank the blue kool aid.

Now time to go to tool head #3 and get 9mm set up.

I switched to a 1050 after fiddling with Hornady LNL AP for about 6 years. Case feeder always out of alignment after 200 rounds of 9mm. Soft metal on pivot head. The 1050 is solid. Best investment in shooting I have made.

Plug for the sponsor of this site - bought it from Brian without any issues.

Just get a Dillion.

Best,

Satch