Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 EGW Area 8 USPSA Championship

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm thinking about this. We've wanted to visit DC, yeah really. So I could shoot this, then we could spend a few days in DC.

Will I be OK if I have my SS .45 8 rd. mags and leftover ammo when we drive to DC? What if I decide to shoot Production with my G41 and 13 rd. mags?

OK, I'm thinking about this. We've wanted to visit DC, yeah really. So I could shoot this, then we could spend a few days in DC.

Will I be OK if I have my SS .45 8 rd. mags and leftover ammo when we drive to DC? What if I decide to shoot Production with my G41 and 13 rd. mags?

Don't bring your gun or any ammo into DC.

Maybe get a hotel in Virginia and leave it there or Park at the metro station in Virginia and metro in.

ATBARR, I am sure someone in the area would be more than happy to store your guns for you while you visit DC. But as already stated...NO GUNS in DC. For that matter no ammo either.

If you cant find anyone local I would be more than happy to hold them for you. I am in Maryland, 1.5 hours south of DC.

Steve

Spent shell casings are a no go in DC too, even if it's only one. if you Google it, you will see several people who were arrested and charged for possession of a spent shell casing either on them or in a bag. I know I have come home occasionally from the range to find a spent shell casing that had worked its way into my pocket. If I were caught in DC, that would be a crime.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, what are the shooting times for each day and is it hard to get a slot on a particular date/time?

I'd like to try a level 3 match but my only availability is most likely Sunday or if there is a Saturday afternoon session.

Shoot on Sunday, that what we are going to do. We shoot Ga state Friday all day travel to Area 8 Saturday and shoot A8 Sunday. We shot Saturday last year and came back to watch the GM's. Most squaded together. I recommend shooting a level 3, it's a blast for sure. Good luck...

• 2 weeks later...

Bring the hot weather stuff (sunscreen, drink, some type of energy bars, towel), comfortable shoes, and get ready for a great match. Is this your first Level III match or just your first Area 8 match?

Sent from the range