Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A poll for you 3 gunners

I found a discount code online for an Andersen Lower. I guess that makes me part of the team! :devil:

In all seriousness. The guys that shoot competitively generally know about 100% more then their non-competitive shooting "gun buddies". Therefore I feel it is in companies best interests to sponsor shooters of all levels at some level as those competitive shooters become a brand champion simply because they are the expert that all of their friends turn to when it comes time to make a firearms related purchase.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• 1 month later...

My Wife is mine, She is also my Gun Lawyer, everyone should have one, a Gun Lawyer that is.

Wait...that probably means she knows how many guns you have. That seems like a horrible plan! :surprise:

I have to say that my wife 'sponsors' me as in I can take the RV and her Jeep and head off to a match for a week at a time with no problems. Do I have an equipment sponsor? No. Would I turn away a company that makes the stuff I use if they said Here Jim, wear this shirt and tell the world you love us in exchange for gun, ammo, scopes, etc? Probably not. Probably because right now, I can shoot whatever matches I want to providing I can get the time to shoot them. I can shoot what gun I want or feel comfortable with. I can try a new piece of gear or even a new gun and not offend my sponsor. Now, if JP, Springfield. Stoeger, S &W, Para, Vortex, Larue, and a host of others ever decide that they want a somewhat out of shape 60+ shooter with a penchant for stating his mind to shoot for them, I would certainly give it a long hard look. But since that ain't all that likely to happen....

I shoot what I like, And if it is good product, I will tell the world.

Speaking of which: JP Rifles, I think I am into at least 12 years now and it is still incredibly accurate. Para (By way of EGW) Still a great pistol, Stoeger from Tom at MOA, OUTSTANDING, Vortex HD, No complaints, I would trade up to an 8x maybe :) Safariland, and Itasca for the Match transporter. If I was half as good as my gear, I'd be at least twice as good as I am.

My shooting and my track Porsche have the same sponsor....Social Security

I start collecting next year. Maybe we should have a Federal Gov't Marksmanship Team. Those young bucks on the Army unit wouldn't stand a chance!!

• 4 months later...

Valor Ammunition out of West Valley City, Utah is barely starting out but I've been doing some T&E for them with the help of some fellow teammates. Certain members of the Blue Knights International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club sponsored our new jerseys for the organization's new shooting team as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...