Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A poll for you 3 gunners

I couldn't find a great place for this question, so here it is.

Do you have an industry affiliation (through employment, sponsorship, or otherwise) that allows you discounted and/or free guns/gear/ammunition, etc?

Edited by JRicks

Burris Optics and mounts, JP Rifles, Nordic Components, R and R Targets:

I always bought something from these great companies to begin with, discount certificate, gift certificate, etc.

After using and believing in their products (and telling them this repeatedly), I am proud to call them my Sponsors.

ericm

Federal Ammunition is my main sponsor. They are also one of the BIGGEST sponsors of our sport!

Triangle Shooting Sports and J.P. Rifles are also big sponsors, and also the main guys who "brought me to the ball". I used their product well before they sponsored me, and I believe in all the products that they make. They are also my oldest sponsored....since 1999.... Thanks John and Benny!

Wild West Guns (Las Vegas) and Battle Born Munitions.

WWG is a great gun shop with awesome gunsmithing services. http://www.wildwestguns.com/

BBM is the importer for Denel / Pretoria Metal Pressings in South Africa, making ammo since before World War 2 for the Allies. http://bbmun.com/index.php?route=common/home

Edited by MAC702

Sponsors include: JP Rifles, Leupold, Timney Triggers, Ramshot/Western Powders, TACCOM, Nordic Components, Grams Engineering, and Barsto Precision. Yes I make chamber safety flags (aka plug'rs) for most semi auto shotguns and rifles. No ammunition sponsor although I hear that the allowance is not that much for those who do get it...LOL And RNT/Accurate Iron for Benelli machine work.

I own my shop, so this is a yes/no kind of thing. I had jerseys made up, and I write off my expenses, but I do my own work and obviously make no money when I am working on my stuff. So I am sort of sponsoring myself, but it still costs me in the end either way. the difference is pre-or-post tax.

Yes, Motor City Gun Works is my new sponsor and they are building me one amazing rifle with the help of Proof and Hiperfire. I also have some local companies that have given me stuff at cost and a local holster maker that has made some pmag and gun holsters for me to better fit my needs.

And why would you ask us "3 gunners"?

I considered polling subsets of several shooting disciplines about 3 gun competition, but the more I thought about it, asking 3 gun shooters about 3 gun made the most sense. ;)

You'll find that most of us lucky enough to receive some level of 3-Gun sponsorship and support are "average Joes" too. I can assure you that no one is paying me to shoot 3-Gun (and that's probably a true statement for 98% of all "sponsored shooters" out there). However, the free product and / or merchandise discounts generously provided by John Paul at JP, Scott at Vortex, and Mark at Carbon Arms really mean a lot to me, both from a financial standpoint and because it's an honor to be associated with such outstanding people and companies. In every case, I purchased and used their products prior to becoming sponsored and in every case, I'd continue to use their products even if the sponsorship expired.

• 3 weeks later...