Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 World Speed Shooting Championships (THE Steel Challenge)

danjordan78

Just saw they posted the 2015 dates for June 18-20 in St. George, UT.

Hmmm, gonna have to think about that one....

Not on the SCSA webpage (which other than the 2014 results hasn't been updated since 2012!), but it's on the USPSA Nationals page. Haven't updated the worldspeedshoot.com yet either.

Really hope they start paying attention to Steel Challenge a little more soon. Pretty sad how they almost completely ignore it...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working on getting some things for our club for Steel Challenge. I was writing the President since I could not get any one at the main office to call me back or answer my emails. He said ....

We’ll look into it, but please understand that we’re fully engaged with Shot Show AND our in-person BOD meeting this weekend. We hope to address many of the Steel Challenge issues we’re facing.

Not on the SCSA webpage (which other than the 2014 results hasn't been updated since 2012!), but it's on the USPSA Nationals page. Haven't updated the worldspeedshoot.com yet either.

Really hope they start paying attention to Steel Challenge a little more soon. Pretty sad how they almost completely ignore it...

I really hope they start paying attention to anything! Nothing gets updated on ANY of the websites, the Facebook pages are little better, the Nationals are outsourced and adrift with no support from the organization, and headquarters seem capable of only addressing one item at a time (slowly, & incompletely as it appears with the tech upgrade promised how many years ago? Etc...)

I am working on getting some things for our club for Steel Challenge. I was writing the President since I could not get any one at the main office to call me back or answer my emails. He said ....

We’ll look into it, but please understand that we’re fully engaged with Shot Show AND our in-person BOD meeting this weekend. We hope to address many of the Steel Challenge issues we’re facing.

Have you dealt with Jake Martens on anything? If not drop him a line and he should be able to help.

Zack, I have not dealt with any one at USPSA. No one there likes to return calls or emails. I have had some stuff I needed addressed for over 6 months. According to the president, it is all because the SHOT show has every one tied up, but when I mentioned emails and calls from 6 months ago he does not address it then brings up the SHOT show again. Of course, no calls or emails today either. So it is Day 1 ASS. (after Shot Show)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the latest is? Is there any additional info on this match, or even confirmation that it is happening? Apart the dates shown on the Nationals page and listed in Front Sight, I haven't been successful in finding anything else.

Latest I have heard as of this week is that it looks like USPSA will get settled up with the Range and it will actually take place in St. George......

I am on the fence as I want to shoot it this year but I may have to decide on whether to go to this one or The Briley West Coast Steel Championship at the birthplace of SC.....Piru......which is the next weekend after.......

DougC

Latest I have heard as of this week is that it looks like USPSA will get settled up with the Range and it will actually take place in St. George......

I am on the fence as I want to shoot it this year but I may have to decide on whether to go to this one or The Briley West Coast Steel Championship at the birthplace of SC.....Piru......which is the next weekend after.......

DougC

Shoot the Briley West Coast match! The stages aren't the traditional Steel Challenge stages and you can shoot rimfire rifle, plus good food and a full match instead of 40 or 50 shooters like at the Steel Challenge.

DougC

Shoot the Briley West Coast match! The stages aren't the traditional Steel Challenge stages and you can shoot rimfire rifle, plus good food and a full match instead of 40 or 50 shooters like at the Steel Challenge.

You can shoot Rimfire rifle at the Steel Challenge as well.

Well, I don't know all the who, what, when, where and why's...but it is the end of February and the match is scheduled for mid June...and they don't even have the web site up or a Practiscore match entry listed. I would say that is at least poor planning...and more likely they just don't care about WSSC and they would just as soon see it die. This is ridiculous! The Area 1 Regional is also in June and it has been up and going for months...in fact I just heard it is sold out!

SCSA is the redheaded stepchild of USPSA. They are slowly starting to pay a tiny bit of attention to it, but not much. Considering SCSA is a great gateway into competitive shooting, you would think they would advertise and push the hell out of it in hopes that people would transition over to USPSA.

I am the sponsorship director for the PA State Steel Challenge Championship and we had more registrations for our Championship match than the WSSC because we advertised the hell out of the match. USPSA doesn't even try to push the match. We also have a steel league out here in Eastern PA that shoots 14 matches at 7 different clubs throughout the summer. Last year we had matches with more than 135 shooters, which is almost more that the entire 2014 WSSC ;)

Edited by scottlep

SCSA is the redheaded stepchild of USPSA. They are slowly starting to pay a tiny bit of attention to it, but not much. Considering SCSA is a great gateway into competitive shooting, you would think they would advertise and push the hell out of it in hopes that people would transition over to USPSA.

You nailed it with the redheaded stepchild comment. It sucks. I do think the classification system for rimfire is a nice addition but there's so much more that could be done. We could use more stages, especially shorter ones so that clubs that don't have big enough bays would have more stages to choose from. It is a shame about the lack of information about the WSSC. If NSSF wanted to they could expand their rimfire program to include centerfire and that would pretty much put USPSA steel challenge out of business.