Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

Same here - I have 12 STI mags - Changed springs, followers and base pads - No tuning needed - They run great

Same here. I have 8 STI mags. Used a vice to size the tubes, polished inside and out.
That's tuning ! Especially the vise part

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here - I have 12 STI mags - Changed springs, followers and base pads - No tuning needed - They run great

Same here. I have 8 STI mags. Used a vice to size the tubes, polished inside and out.
That's tuning ! Especially the vise part

I thought that was the joke? Everyone does one more thing to tune the mags saying they're not tuning them?

I used the stock base pads for over a year without feed issues. I replaced them when I purchased an STI Tactical magwell because I needed more meat to grab a hold of incase I needed to strip a mag.

I called Dawson Precision a couple of days ago. They have no idea when the DVC will ship. Good thing is, I am the first that ordered the Limited 9mm through them lol. I anxiously await for more news.

Yes. Dustin - When are they shipping the Open DVC's? I am ready to cancel my order. Though I have never been called patient. The season is starting for the shooting sports and it puts all the shooters behind the eight ball. Only thing that is stopping me at this point is that it is a sexy gun. But that will only last so long. Then Cancel.

Jeez.............the DVC's were just debut at Shot Show, some of you guys need to show some patience.

I am also confident most of you have other guns to compete with, and, if you are smart, once you get the gun you still need to do load development, especially if it is a Open DVC.

I have a DCV Open 9major on order, I want STI to get it right, if that means a little bit of a wait, then so be it. Hell, I waited over a year for my GH2 Limited gun, and it was worth it.

How about you guys use your time wisely waiting for the gun. You know load research, buying components and prepping brass/loader.

hahaha. Nice one Blue Edge - I will sell it to you - 4300.00. LOL )( I have to add money for your anticipated wait ) :goof:

Already have loads figured out ( For the most part )

Got my 90 degree mount

got my 170 mag -

Got Rig

Only thing I don't have is the gun. LOL :goof:

So now it should be time to play........

I like everyone else hopefully will be thoroughly surprised when it comes in. STI is a good company IMHO - They have never done me or anyone I know wrong.

I also waited for a Custom Build for a year - Which is why I hate waiting. LOL

Edited by Trunkmnky

So the DVC guarantee's a 2lbs trigger pull; has the manufacturing improved to where the trigger components no longer need additional gunsmith work?

Also if one or more of the trigger components breaks, can I drop in replacement parts and still maintain my 2lbs trigger pull or do I need to send it to STI to ensure I get the 2lbs pull?

Also if one or more of the trigger components breaks, can I drop in replacement parts and still maintain my 2lbs trigger pull or do I need to send it to STI to ensure I get the 2lbs pull?

Its been my experience that on any 1911 (or similar guns) virtually nothing ever "drops in" (aside from the most basic of stuff like a guide rod or something). That's why 1911's cost more than most other guns (either that or they are made in countries like Turkey or the Phillipines where manual labor is cheap).

If something breaks and you get a new part it'll almost certainly have to be fitted - either by you, STI, or a gunsmith. Setting the trigger pull weight would just be part of the fitting process.

So the DVC guarantee's a 2lbs trigger pull; has the manufacturing improved to where the trigger components no longer need additional gunsmith work?

I agree with the let poster about fitting being necessary.

Beyond that, they're not getting a 2# trigger through better manufacturing processes. You can lighten a trigger through geometry (sear / hammer) and spring tension. Most good quality EDM cut hammers / Sears will need no adjustment. So getting a good trigger is just a matter of using better components and taking the time to tweak the seat spring instead of just dropping it in and sending the gun out the door?

Just ordered the limited version. Now I will forget about it and let it surprise me when it shows up...

No you won't. I thought the same thing and I think about it every day. Doesn't help that I'm subscribed to this thread.

Did they say this March or next March? Probably next March before they come out in any significant numbers.

If you think like that then you won't drive yourself crazy waiting on your pre-order! Hasn't worked for me but maybe it will for you. ;)

I'm excited that it actually comes with useful magazines and not the 126mm paper weights. Lol

Edited by 3djedi