Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Blue Bullets 2015 South Carolina State Championship Match

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the reason stage 7 tossed ?

Someone changed the stage design on Saturday morning and the change was not caught until after a couple of squads shot it. I'm not sure who the lowlife was. From what I understand, a barrel was nudged so that a target could be shot from a position that was not available on Friday. The RO didn't catch it until too late

Edited by levellinebrad

I shot that stage pretty good a liked it. It was definitely the most watched stage. We had a crowd watching us shoot it on Friday. The match was great tho and the staff we shot with where awesome. I will for sure be back next year. Thanks to all the great guys and girls who helped put it on and props to the new match director. Great match

Edited by Superpipe9

Great weather, great range. The range staff was awesome. First USPSA match that I didn't have to paste. It was a little weird having that much extra time.

Thanks to Blue Bullets and again the range staff.

Guy on my squad broke 180.

He was one of the better shooters on my squad.

Overall great match. This was my first "big" USPSA match and I've shot less than 6 local matches.

It just reinforced what I already knew, I've got to make time to practice. I sucked.

Great weather, great range. The range staff was awesome. First USPSA match that I didn't have to paste. It was a little weird having that much extra time.

Thanks to Blue Bullets and again the range staff.

I didn't realize paster valet service was available.

Which squad were you on?

I guess you shot Saturday. I shot Friday the entire squad pasted and reset.

Edited by Willz

Valet service was only available on Saturday :) Staff and Friday shooters work while shooting. It was my first match as stats guy and although she'll never read it I have to give a huge amount of thanks to my wife for helping out with everything we did before, during, and after the match. Feel free to PM me with any feedback you guys / gals have about the match and especially ways we can make it even better next year.

As far as the DQ's go we had a total of 9. I don't remember the actual break down but I know we had the following:

- reload with finger on trigger

- 180 violations

- AD over berm

- AD that struck ground in front of competitor

I had a great time. Shot like crap. Ending up with 2 no shoots and 9 mikes all day. Heck, I was willing to sign up for next year half way thru.

looking forward to coming back

I must commend Zack and his wife Donna, as always you two did an exemplary job and the next matches will only get better. Everyone was courteous and professional.

Thanks also to Bobby Thornton, Doug Wilton and Andrew Crenshaw, damn good job guys. If you needed anything on a stage it was there chop chop.

Professionals all the way and that will attract professional shooters.

Speaking of which Congratulation and thanks to Ron Francisco he was both a winning pro but a very cool guy to shoot with. It was nice meeting you. I also got to talk to Clint Upchurch another humble professional 3 gunner.

I'm looking forward to next year.

It was a great match as has been stated already. I was a Saturday shooter and the no pasting/resetting was AWESOME!!!

Stages were interesting and challenging, mainly they gave you lots of options.

I will definitely shoot this match again.

Thanks to all the great RO's and entire staff! It went super smoothly. Thanks to Zack and Donna for stats and scoring

Did they announce the match would be there next year ?

Nope. The decision on the next match location is discussed at the annual section coordinator meeting (which is held at the end of the match). I won't be MD so it's not my place to make any announcements. I will share this much though - it will be in South Carolina :).

Nope. The decision on the next match location is discussed at the annual section coordinator meeting (which is held at the end of the match). I won't be MD so it's not my place to make any announcements. I will share this much though - it will be in South Carolina :).
cats out of the bag now!

cats out of the bag now!

WOW,,I have my ear to the telegraph !!

lots of people seemed to have visited DQ. Were there some interesting stages that caught people?

Most of the ones I witnessed were shooter caused. ND and dropped gun being the highest %.

I saw the dropped gun. Scary

lots of people seemed to have visited DQ. Were there some interesting stages that caught people?

Most of the ones I witnessed were shooter caused. ND and dropped gun being the highest %.

I saw the dropped gun. Scary

I witnessed an AD at unload and show clear command.