Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Blue Bullets 2015 South Carolina State Championship Match

Heads up -- Registration for The Blue Bullets 2015 South Carolina State Championship will open up on Wednesday, January 21st at 7pm. I'll be in the process of updating www.charlestonupsa.com tomorrow with all of the important match information. Here are the basic details in the meantime :

The match will take place May 1st and 2nd, 2015 at Palmetto Gun Club outside of Charleston, SC. We are capping registration at 220 total shooters (including staff).

A link for registration will be provided at www.charlestonuspsa.com. I'll cross-post to Enos and the various FB groups a few days before registration opens.

The match will be an all-day format, with shooting on either Friday (with the staff) or Saturday. This is a cash payout match!! Trophies and cash will be provided to competitors that place at the top of their divisions/classes/categories, and all payouts will be in accordance with the USPSA Rule book Appendix A2. In addition to the cash payouts, all competitors will be eligible for random-draw "door prizes". The number of door-prizes (and, thus, the number of competitors winning a door prize) will depend on the number of items we receive from the sponsors. Not all competitors will win a door prize.

The match fee is $120. There will be an option to purchase a match jersey for approx. $36. This will be an awesome collared w/ 1/4 zip jersey made out of the same type of fabric as you see with all of the other shooting jerseys. Thanks to Arid Wear for helping us make this happen.

Registration will be online via Practiscore. Payments will be accepted both online (w/ extra $4 fee to cover the credit card costs) or you can mail in a check to avoid the extra fee. There will be an option to add money to reserve a jersey. Jerseys must be reserved! We will not be selling any at the match.

If you would like a staff spot, there will be a place to request it on the registration form. Staff spots are limited, and preference for certain spots will be given those who w/ RO certification. You will be notified by the match director within a week after registration if you are selected as staff.

If there are any questions, please let me know. I'll try to update this top-post with more information soon.

Edited by uod

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The link to registration will be posted here a few days before registration opens. We will cross-post this link to the Charleston Facebook page, the SC Section Facebook page, and to the match announcement on the Brian Enos forums."

I noticed that the registration link doesn't actually appear to be posted at http://charlestonuspsa.com/ yet.

Also, does anyone know what brand the match shirts are? I float between M and L a lot of the time, and knowing the brand would help me decide on the odds of making a successful guess on what size to choose.

Well --- shoot. I posted it EVERYWHERE except for my own website :) Posting it there now.

Jersey information : http://charlestonuspsa.com/?page_id=176. There is a link to the brand (Arid Wear) on that page. They have sizing information on their page.

And the registration link : https://clubs.practiscore.com/the-blue-bullets-2015-south-carolina-state-championship-match/register

Edited by uod

Yes --- Saturday is full. I'm still a little punchdrunk after the registration whirlwind last night. I couldn't have imagined that Saturday would fill up at around the three hour mark.

Shooters : We still have staff position and shooter positions open on Friday. Staff shoots/works on Friday and works Saturday.

If you want a spot on Saturday, just register for the match. Choose Saturday. I'll waitlist you, and I'll send you an email with further information. That's how we will handle the Saturday spots for now.

If you want a spot on Saturday, just register for the match. Choose Saturday. I'll waitlist you, and I'll send you an email with further information. That's how we will handle the Saturday spots for now.

Done thx much... now to cross my fingers.

Yes --- Saturday is full. I'm still a little punchdrunk after the registration whirlwind last night. I couldn't have imagined that Saturday would fill up at around the three hour mark.

Shooters : We still have staff position and shooter positions open on Friday. Staff shoots/works on Friday and works Saturday.

It's a testimony as to the quality of the SC Sectional. The folks running the SC Sectional have always worked hard to make the match a pleasure for the shooter.

It's a testimony as to the quality of the SC Sectional. The folks running the SC Sectional have always worked hard to make the match a pleasure for the shooter.

I appreciate you saying that . The match directors who have put on this match before me have done an outstanding job, and I hope I am able to do the same. A lot of work goes into these matches --- more than I ever could have imagined.

Hotel Information :

Comfort Suites

1025 Jockey Court Summerville SC US 29483

Phone: (843) 419-1101

Fax: (843) 419-1102

You must mention “Palmetto Gun Club” for the group rate. The group rate for this hotel is $90. They have a free hot breakfast in the morning that starts at 6am.

Please be advised that drive time from the hotel to the range is approx. 23 minutes without traffic.

Also -- I am hoping to post something about our food vendor soon. We're working to get a very popular local restaurant to do some food service for us.

Edited by uod

I'd say yes to all. We'll have quite a mix of stages. If you would like to take a look back at the 2014 state match that was held a bit north of us up in Columbia, SC --- here's the stages from that one : http://www.lchico5u.com/sc-match/body_2014Stages.html

The stages will obviously be different, but the general idea is still the same.