Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone try the ELF 3 Gund trigger yet?

XtReMe90

This statement from their website should make you run away from this trigger, "The skeletonized hammer combined with our exclusive .043 double double wound polished piano wire hammer spring make for the fastest lock time on the planet."

This statement from their website should make you run away from this trigger, "The skeletonized hammer combined with our exclusive .043 double double wound polished piano wire hammer spring make for the fastest lock time on the planet."

OK, maybe I am uninformed or just kinda dumb, but why exactly should anyone be running from this trigger?

Why would a fast lock time scare anyone?

What exactly is the lock time on this trigger? How much faster is it than say a Geissele SD-3G? I'm inclined to run from anyone who throws out claims like "fastest on the planet". Just sayin' ... ;)

Some input here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206859

But then folks say these triggers are the best since sliced bread: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180812

I have owned/tried quite a few AR triggers and still like the AR gold the best....but everyone will have their own favorite.

Edited by BigBamBoo

You want as fast of a lock time as you can get. Faster is always better. I don't recall the numbers but the lock time on a standard AR trigger is 2.5 times that of a rem 700 trigger, and the 700 trigger is 1.5 times slower then the Tubb bolt gun is. What all this equates to is more time between you pulling the trigger when breaking an offhand shot and the bullet leaving the barrel. It matters less when shooting prone and from position but it does matter. Its much the same why that you have to follow through more with a .22 then a center fire target rifle and follow through is even more important with an airgun as the rifle is moving while the pellet is in the barrel. Id give one a whirl...

You want as fast of a lock time as you can get. Faster is always better. I don't recall the numbers but the lock time on a standard AR trigger is 2.5 times that of a rem 700 trigger, and the 700 trigger is 1.5 times slower then the Tubb bolt gun is. What all this equates to is more time between you pulling the trigger when breaking an offhand shot and the bullet leaving the barrel. It matters less when shooting prone and from position but it does matter. Its much the same why that you have to follow through more with a .22 then a center fire target rifle and follow through is even more important with an airgun as the rifle is moving while the pellet is in the barrel. Id give one a whirl...

Faster lock time is good (all else being equal). Agreed. But their claim (which lacks any supporting information) is disappointing (and to some it's also unprofessional and consistent with suspect marketing practices).

What is the ELF lock time relative to a (fill in the blank with any/all of the high-end AR triggers)?

Data please, not hyperbole.

Faster lock time is good (all else being equal). Agreed. But their claim (which lacks any supporting information) is disappointing (and to some it's also unprofessional and consistent with suspect marketing practices).

What is the ELF lock time relative to a (fill in the blank with any/all of the high-end AR triggers)?

Data please, not hyperbole.

Correct me if I am wrong, bu tit was in one of their videos where they said something about lock time. They also said they had been told by "someone" that they "thought" it was the worlds fastest. They then went on to say it hadn't been verified but were hoping to have proof soon. I am going from memory so hopefully I got this right. I see if I can find the actual video.

If we were discussing muzzleloaders, air rifles or benchrest rifles, your comment may have some merit. We aren't...

In the context of a 3G Hoser, splitting hairs over milliseconds is inane.

I'd be cautious to say it is "the fastest lock time on the planet" without proof. Seems silly to say something like that without getting a high speed camera on it. "We've had enough experts tell us that it has to be the fastest lock time there is" just isn't enough to me.

I've got an ELF 3-Gun trigger and it's a great trigger. I like a crisp break and a single stage trigger for 3-Gun and the roller bearings make the ELF super smooth. I like CMC and the JP EZ trigger but the ELF is far superior in feel to them. The Geissele is a hybrid trigger and doesn't even compare since it has lots of creep then a break.

I ordered one to try before the holidays. They charged my card, no shipping info and after two emails no reply from them. Next step will be to call credit card to disuse charges. Thought I would give them a try but so far experience with them is not promising

If we were discussing muzzleloaders, air rifles or benchrest rifles, your comment may have some merit. We aren't...

In the context of a 3G Hoser, splitting hairs over milliseconds is inane.

I don't think anybody really cares about triggers for the hoser targets, even I can hit those quickly with a crappy mill spec trigger. Where good triggers help is on the longer range targets.

Just wanted all to know. My trigger showed up today. Plus I got a call and email from them. They had some tech problems. Guy was great and apologetic. Plus trigger is in my gun and is great. I will probably order another one soon.