Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what pistol for CDP

sk330lc

What would your pick be for CDP between A Glock G41 and a M&P full size and why.

My wife wants to buy me one for Christmas but I can't decide which one I want. I love that Woman.

BTW my current CDP pistol it a mid size M&P . I love it for everything but longer shots.

Another vote for the M&P. If you are now comfortable with that platform, and have all the required accessories, there will be no real 'transition' time. And, the extra barrel length/sight radius does - IMHO - make a difference, even on closer shots.

I shoot a 4.2 inch GP-100 in IDPA SSR because I have to, and a 6- inch GP-100 in ICORE Classic because I can. I'm just as fast with the 6 inch gun, and definitely more accurate --- which is a major plus in ICORE. Even with a semi-auto (I'm SSP/MA with a standard M&P 9mm, but would like to have the 5-inch Pro model) ) IMHO, a longer sight radius & more slide mass is a good thing. That longer barrel can also help you make the 165 CDP PF with a bit less powder and a bit less recoil.

I think a longer barrel is pretty much a 'win-win, and if you're happy with the M&P platform now... it's a bigger 'win-win'.'.

Edited by GOF

Well I have a new full-size 45 M&P in the vault tonight thanks to my loving wife. Now to get all the goodies ordered for it.

Trigger, sights, magwell, basepads and some light stippling to the back strap.

What magwell would you all suggest?

Well I have a new full-size 45 M&P in the vault tonight thanks to my loving wife. Now to get all the goodies ordered for it.

Run the gun first, before you change anything. Make sure it's a keeper, then start changing things.

PM sent!

If your wife really loved you she would buy you a 1911.

. That's pretty good. CDP was designed for the 1911. However I agree with staying with a familiar platform like the M&P if that's what is available to you.

Well here it is. Full size M&P 45. With SSS magwell and base pads, custom baçkstrap by me, Apex polymer forward set trigger, polished feed ramp & chamber mouth. Still need to decide on sights. Gonna give her a test run tomorrow with the factory white dots.

• 2 weeks later...