Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats in your bag? Spares....

tarosean

I havent broken any parts, yet, running in production all year, However the old girl is getting long in tooth if ya know what I mean..

What are the spare parts you carry in your bag?

**Spare me, "its a glock it will last 10kabillon rounds", sans malfuction BS.***.

I carry an extra everything, except a spare receiver, slide and set of sights. The only part I have had break is a aftermarket trigger spring. I didn't have a spare with me and that is the day I decided to have, at minimum, one of everything in my bag. There isn't a part that takes more than a couple minutes to change out. Sure beats feeling like crap on the ride home.

Chance favors the prepared mind

I've got a multi section tool box that I bought from harbour freight for like 5 bucks. I own several Glocks and only one is stock. Every part I have ever replaced went inside the toolbox, along with an armorers tool and Allen wrenches that have come with gun parts.I think I have 3 or 4 of every spring, 2 trigger bars, sight tools etc in it. About the only thing I don't carry is a spare barrel, slide, and frame. Il leave the toolkit in the car. I'm case the frame barrel our slide brash, I pull out a 22 to finish the match with.

I have never needed the toolbox or the spare gun

local match, nothing to maybe an extra gun, its a GLOCK there are probably 30 other shooters there with one and probably another 20 with one in the car for other reasons, if it brakes somehow ill get through.

Major match, an extra gun, they have the advantage of having every part you could need and you don't even have to work on the broken one if you don't want to, just switch and get back to the game.

Screw drivers, scissors, tape, needle nose pliers, multi tool, Allen wrenches, glock punch, trigger group, every spring known to man, guide rods, fiber optic rods for my sight in blue, red, yellow , orange and green ( I only use green, but you never know) extra front sight screws, lighter and clippers to trim and install fiber optic rods, extra screws and nuts for my blade tech holster and mag pouches, trigger connector and springs, recoil springs, almost forgot my front sight wrench. AND I just realized I don't have a extra slide stop spring. I also have a G17 in case my G34 has a catastrophic malfunction. Did I miss anything?

Edited by stick