Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Midwest ICORE Regional -- Oct. 9-11, Elkhart IA

Yeah, Due to too many Damn Good matches I can't attend either. I have gear down in Coralville to loan out as well....

This will be a good one folks.......I Can't wait to see Cliff's attire shooting as well......Wonder if there will be a Hot tub stage this year........ :devil:

DougC

• 1 month later...

OK guys, attached are rough diagrams of the stages that have been approved for the Midwest Regional in October. The stage briefings are getting cleaned up by Dave Williams and will be published in final form in a couple weeks, but in the meantime I figured you guys might enjoy seeing them while still in their "cocktail napkin" phase of development.

Note these diagrams are for general informational purposes only. We reserve the right to make minor (but diabolical) changes as we deem appropriate! Looks like the round count is about 247 for the 10-stage ICORE match, plus don't forget the "625 Cash Challenge" USPSA match on Sunday.

Entries are coming in. Cliff Walsh has booked his trip--I believe this will be his first visit back to Iowa following the now-infamous "hot tub stage heard 'round the world." Apparently the statute of limitations for crimes against humanity has expired.

Mike

2015 MW Regional rough stages.PDF

Edited by Carmoney

News developments:

2014 IRC Overall Champion Rich Wolfe will be competing again this year. And again, Rich has generously offered to hold an informal free walk-through clinic before the match starts on October 10. This is a great chance to meet Rich and pick his brain on stage strategy before shooting the match.

Also:

Bob Perdue, the "Mad Genius of Revolver Division," will be competing this year. As you all know, Bob is the mastermind behind the North Mountain Moonclip Holder.

Yeah, Due to too many Damn Good matches I can't attend either. I have gear down in Coralville to loan out as well....

This will be a good one folks.......I Can't wait to see Cliff's attire shooting as well......Wonder if there will be a Hot tub stage this year........ :devil:

DougC

Doug, you would seriously prefer to shoot that little junior rim-job match rather than the ICORE Regional??

You and the Greens need to straighten out your priorities, and step up to a man's game.

Is there the possibility of Jim Scoutten and Shooting USA showing up again?

Anything is possible. Are you going to get rid of whatever other plans you have and come over for the match, Dean?

Boss lady says I have to go to wedding or I would be all over this. The things we do for our wives. I guess that is why I have 38 years with her and sometime during that 38 years I lost my coolness. ?

• 5 weeks later...

If you have trouble registering through Practiscore, let us know. They have been updating the system and it's sorta goofy right now.

We're going to start the ICORE Regional match at 9:30 AM. This will allow those who live a couple hours away time to drive that morning. But show up earlier if you want to walk stages and get some tips from Rich Wolfe. Those who arrive on Friday are welcome to come out to the range and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in for the Saturday match...what have I gotten myself into, LOL!

Saw something about the possibility of camping on site...how feasible is this, and who should I talk to about this beforehand?

Thanks,

John MacLean

There is camping available on-site. Sent you a PM to work out details. .

Scott Arnburg

I'm in for the Saturday match...what have I gotten myself into, LOL!

Saw something about the possibility of camping on site...how feasible is this, and who should I talk to about this beforehand?

Thanks,

John MacLean

Results are posted on Practiscore and the ICORE website. Same winners as last year:

Open -- Rich Wolfe

Limited -- Mike Carmoney

Classic -- Troy Mattheyer

Cliff Walsh won the USPSA 625 Challenge match on Sunday. Mike Carmoney won the high aggregate King of Revo trophy.

The King is dead. Long live the King. ;)

post-4896-0-57676900-1444743914_thumb.jp

Left to Right:

2nd Place Cliff Walsh "The past king"

1st Place Mike Carmoney "The NEW KING"

3rd Place Dave Williams

This was a good match that measured most all of the technical skills and had a lot of places to ramp up the speed.

Thanks to Mike and the crew from AIPS, you did a great job and it was a blast.

Thanks to Rich Richards for donating several items for our random drawing. Thanks also to Bob Perdue at North Mountain for donating a bunch of great items--be sure to visit www.4wheelguns.com for the best in revolver-related products.

Edited by Carmoney