Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Midwest ICORE Regional -- Oct. 9-11, Elkhart IA

We are planning to host the 2015 Midwest Regional Championship at the Ankeny Ikes range near Elkhart (near Des Moines), Iowa the weekend of OCTOBER 9-11, 2015. This has been approved by the match series director but is not yet on the ICORE website calendar.

The match format has not yet been finalized, but right now we are looking at running an epic THREE DAYS OF REVOLVER event, with a rimfire steel match on Friday October 9, the ICORE Midwest Regional on Saturday October 10, and a USPSA event on Sunday October 11. We may include a special bonus match for 625/610s only--note this is still in the discussion phase at this time.

Mark your calendars now. There is no doubt this will be one of the key revolver events during the 2015 shooting season. Those of you who have attended our special revolver matches in Iowa over the years will attest to the fact that we always have fun and put on a good show!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Friday match (assuming we can pull it off) will be some sort of revolver thing....probably a rimfire steel match like the original version.

Keep in mind that we may need to change the format to accommodate our set-up of the main match. We only have Friday through Sunday at the Ankeny Ikes. This means we will be setting up the main match on Friday. If we shoot on Friday, it may need to be in the evening after the staff has built the match. Stay tuned, be flexible, and don't get too locked in to any one concept.

• 2 months later...

OK folks, the registration link is active. This match will definitely be one of the better revolver matches of the 2015 season, for an entry fee of only $60! The ICORE Regional on Saturday and the USPSA bonus match on Sunday are a definite go--the Friday steel match is still tentative at this time, but I'm working on making it happen. Stay tuned on that.

http://www.ankenyikes.org/threads/2015-icore-midwest-regional-revolver-championship-open-registration.449/

• 1 month later...

OK fellas, here's the scoop on the 2015 Midwest ICORE Regional in Elkhart Iowa. BIG NEWS here, so please read carefully....

First off, this will not be a 3-day event. Last year's match was quite popular, so we are keeping the same format again for 2015. We will run the ICORE Regional on Saturday Oct. 10, and the follow-up USPSA event on Sunday Oct. 11. We will be building stages on Friday, and we will accommodate those who would like to walk stages on Friday night, or camp at the range. For the non-primitive types, there are plenty of motels available off I-35 near Ankeny Iowa, just a few minutes from the range. Bottled water will be provided on the bays during the match--bring your own lunch or snacks, or you can send somebody into town for fast food. Results will be tabulated via Practiscore and awards will be completed on Saturday night after the ICORE match.

SPECIAL NOTE: We will again provide free food for all competitors, travel companions, and match staff on Saturday night at the range. Weather permitting, we can hang out after the awards and enjoy the bonfires and perhaps a celebratory cigar. The Ankeny Ikes are providing the food--and I am sponsoring free beer for everybody over age 21.

Everybody who shoots or works the ICORE match is entitled to shoot the Sunday USPSA match for free. We will run the same stages, but with USPSA targets and scoring in effect. Other shooters (those who did not shoot or work the ICORE match) are welcome to shoot the 9-stage USPSA match on Sunday for $20--all USPSA equipment divisions are welcome. Once again, there will be no charge for ICORE competitors and match staff.

HERE'S THE BIG NEWS--the "625 MATCH": On Sunday, we will have special recognition--and cash prizes--for those competitors who shoot the USPSA match with a 6-shot USPSA-legal revolver using major power factor ammo. Cash prizes: $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place. These case prizes are being personally sponsored by our friend and fellow competitor Jay Tappe. This is a great chance to break out that trusty Model 625 (or 25-2, or 610, or whatever gun meets 6-shot major USPSA Revolver Division rules) and use up some of that major ammo we all have laying around!

We will also provide awards for the aggregate winners (top three places will be recognized) for the back-to-back ICORE Regional and USPSA "625 match" events--just like the King of Revo awards from yesteryear. Prizes for the "625 match" and the aggregate awards will be given out on Sunday afternoon at the conclusion of the event.

So, as a quick recap: You get to shoot for cash prizes and plaques at the 9-stage ICORE Regional Championship on Saturday, eat free burgers and brats and drink free beer on Saturday night, hang out and enjoy the campfire, and then turn around and shoot for even more cash at the USPSA 625 match on Sunday, with a shot at becoming the next King of Revo, all for a single $60 entry fee!!! You show me a better revolver match value than this, and I'll show you a whore who ain't had the clap.

Seriously, we want to give something back to all our wheelgunner friends, and this is our way of putting our very best foot forward for you guys. So sign up. Iowa is beautiful during the harvest season.

Registration is now open: http://www.ankenyikes.org/threads/2015-icore-midwest-regional-revolver-championship-open-registration.449/

I don't have revo equipment, but I'd like to come hang out on Sunday! Is there registration for the USPSA match on Sunday?

I'm sure someone would be happy to lend you a Revolver and Rig for Saturday.

I don't have revo equipment, but I'd like to come hang out on Sunday! Is there registration for the USPSA match on Sunday?

They will probably set up pre-registration on Practiscore. Keep your eye on our website, www.ankenyikes.org. We'll take walk-ons, also--not a problem.

Cedar rapids, I've been hoping to make it to your range at least once this year!

I live in Mt Pleasant and unfortunately I will not be able to make the match. If you are interested I can lend you the gear to shoot the match both days. Let me know.

Dean