Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem 1100 Comp Master

GeneralChang

I just got off the phone with the :( Remington Parts Dept. I was ordering some parts for my 1100CM. I asked the lady why the 1100CM was not shown on the Remington website and she said it was discontinued.

I just got off the phone with the :( Remington Parts Dept. I was ordering some parts for my 1100CM. I asked the lady why the 1100CM was not shown on the Remington website and she said it was discontinued.

I wonder if they will continue to offer the extended load gate/button that's on the CM?

I just got off the phone with the  :( Remington Parts Dept. I was ordering some parts for my 1100CM. I asked the lady why the 1100CM was not shown on the Remington website and she said it was discontinued.

Its there, just not on their list. :(1100 CM

So how long will parts be carried for them then? I was considering buying one (found one for $699 new) but what now...?????

I was all hot to trot to buy a CM until I started asking around. You had to send them to a smith anyway, so why not just start with a $200-300 gun store special and get exactly what you want?

Eric,

I didn't need to send mine to a smith. Shoot decent shells and clean it (which I hate doing), and it runs fine.

chp,

You have to get it modded to do reloads quick. It is just my exceedingly unpopular opinion. Everyone else on earth thinks I'm dead wrong, so take it with a shaker of salt. We've been down the road before, so I'll spare everyone the agony.

chp,

You have to get it modded to do reloads quick. It is just my exceedingly unpopular opinion. Everyone else on earth thinks I'm dead wrong, so take it with a shaker of salt. We've been down the road before, so I'll spare everyone the agony.

Eric,

What did you have to mod to do quick reloads? I did Dremel the receiver in front of the tube. Is that what you did?

Eric,

You are not alone ! :( I have seen the light !!!!

I am one of the unbeliverers who questions what the CM actuallly offers - my stock 11/87 Standard / limited gun has the same specs as the CM but is £200 ($400) cheaper with no difference in build / quality. I have always thought that the CM was a cop out and they simply added on bits that most people added on as standard.

I shot a brand new CM last weekend that had only 150 shells through it and it was bloody horrible - miles away from being custom ready - Remington did make a shotgun that sounded like they were producing a custom gun, but nobody would buy an STI that was as rough and un-tuned as a CM!

I am sorry if this upsets Remington fans.....I used to be one of you !! :( ... but contact Jerry at RockingHTactical for the best limited guns money can buy.... or ...and I hate to say it...buy a Benelli M1 !!!!

chp,

You have to get it modded to do reloads quick.  It is just my exceedingly unpopular opinion.  Everyone else on earth thinks I'm dead wrong, so take it with a shaker of salt.  We've been down the road before, so I'll spare everyone the agony.

Eric,

What did you have to mod to do quick reloads? I did Dremel the receiver in front of the tube. Is that what you did?

chp,

I had a gunsmith do some pretty radical milling. You have to know what you're doing or you'll destroy the receiver. If you poke around this forum, you'll probably find some pictures of the job that I posted. Without that, I simply just don't know how you can possibly stuff shells in fast enough. I tried the gun before and after and there's just no comparison. A stock 1100 is just totally unusable for anything besides a lamp post.

Remington probably had to ask Walmart what models they should sell.  ;)

I wonder how well their 1100 16 gauge field model sells?

Likely a lot more than Comp Masters....

3 gun shooters are an extremely small population to market to (heck, the majority of the general public has no idea what USPSA is). Now...if they would have marketed it as a "home defense" 1100 with "applications in competition" the general public would have had more interest and may have been able to sutain the line.

Remington did make a shotgun that sounded like they were producing a custom gun, but nobody would buy an STI that was as rough and un-tuned as a CM!

LOL, I wish I had a list of the unhappy SV customers who knew they had just been taken for $2500+ BEFORE gunsmithing. My buddy has a new "site tracker" and it has serious SAFETY related mag / sear / thumb safety issues that should have NEVER made it out of the factory for $2700.

But when you own the market.... :wacko:

Hi Claudio,

The light was no one in Terni ESC 2003 from Europe was shooting 11/87's except us Brits, and we were the only ones complaining about our guns breaking all the time !! :D

Bright Italian Benellis did tempt me and I bought one but since then I have moved onto a different plane called Browning ;)