Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for wet tumbler guys, which lemi shine?

sevtchevelle

Title pretty much says it all which Lemi shine are you using?
Just bought a Frankford rotary, which is awesome by the way, got some lemi shine and the results kinda suck compared to the solution included in the Frankford kit.

I got a yellow liquid which had "lemi shine rinse" on the label. The only other one I can find is a powdered lemi shine, is that the one I want?

Also came across this, same solution in the kit?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/FRANK...0#BVRRWidgetID

Thanks...Eric

Yes, the powder kind. But watch out for some of the prices online. You can get a 12oz container at target for $4. On amazon, it's over $8. You don't need a lot. I never did use the solution the tumbler came with, but I use about a 5 sec pour of blue down, 3/4 of a 9mm case of lemi shine. 3 hr tumble and the brass is beautiful. I just did a batch of 9mm that was dirty as hell. The guy I bought it from stored them in barrels outside exposed to water and elements. I'm talkin caked on crud. I was expecting 'usable' cases. What I got couldn't be distinguished from similarly cleaned brass from an indoor range.

Edited by mellow13

I realize I'm a little late to this discussion, but I also have a Frankfort rotary and have found that 1 tablespoon of blue Dawn and a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine (powder type) works great for me.

I have also found that if I de-prime the cases, the interior of the case gets much cleaner and it cleans the primer pocket as well. Guess it has to do with the water/solution/pins flowing through the cases as opposed to swirling around inside them.

And a magnet is a must for separation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Adding the ingredients are not rocket science, we are not building something that will be going to space. I hear people talking about an axact measurements of this and that. Put the cases in put some soap and then lemi shine in and let be.

I use Dawn dish soap and powder lemi shine