Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended contract

Youngeyes

If anyone's worried about holes, use some of those powder puff cowboy loads. Most you'll do is dent the paper target. :sight:

Funny! At a steel match, some guys were having difficulty with the plate rack with factory 9mm, they claimed that it wasn't calibrated right. I stepped up and cleaned it with my 38 Spl. Cowboy loads [emoji48] (125 grn @ 750 fps +/-). Some will and some won't.

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a guy at our local action pistol match claim a popper wasn't calibrated after missing it about 7 times with his 9mm. Another guy walked up, pulled his keys out of his pocket and tossed them at the plate, underhand like a softball. It fell over. Umm, sorry bud. The bullets have to hit the target if you want it to fall down. My son's .22 pistol will drop that particular popper more often than not. :)

If anyone's worried about holes, use some of those powder puff cowboy loads. Most you'll do is dent the paper target. :sight:

Funny! At a steel match, some guys were having difficulty with the plate rack with factory 9mm, they claimed that it wasn't calibrated right. I stepped up and cleaned it with my 38 Spl. Cowboy loads [emoji48] (125 grn @ 750 fps +/-). Some will and some won't.

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

750fps? Heck, my Grandma could spit faster than that. I know because Grandpa chrono'd the old gal for PF. :roflol:

Funny story. A really good shooter shooter had a .357 sig with factory ammo that refused to drop a heavy popper. After about six frustrating rounds he gave up and called for calibration. Joe RO steps up with a mouse fart 9mm load and drops the steel.

Lesson learned after some head scratching: don't use fragible ammo on falling steel!!!! :D

Edited by blind bat