Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34

Onepocket

• 1 month later...

Glock 34 with KKM Barrel- Seems to shoot the 124gr and 147 cast the best, followed closely by the new 125gr cast and coated with no groove. This is based on scoring 25m bullseye targets.

I thought the no-groove bullets with more bearing surface would shoot better, but so far they just need more powder with a slight detriment in accuracy.

What have you found to be the most accurate wt bullet for a glock 34? Thanks.

I shoot IDPA with my G34 and it loves 147 grain copper plated bullets best. I generally use Berry or Rainier bullets. 3.3 grains of TiteGroup powder and COAL of 1.155 Soft and accurate. Minor power factor for IDPA. This load workup gives me a 130 PF (bullet weight x velocity (fps) / 1000). Hope that helps.

Candidly, though, I shoot 115 and 124 grain bullets fine as well in this gun. I will also use SNS Casting 147 grain FN coated lead bullets for practice. Less expensive and good performance.

Edited by raa29642

For me, stock barrel shoots 147s the best. Bayou at 1.160 or SNS at 1.155. About the same accuracy over 3.0 grains of Promo / Red Dot, but the Bayou seems to have more fliers. These loads will regularly produce a 1.4'' ten-shot group at 50 feet, Ransom rested. They very comfortably make minor at ~915 fps.

My KKM barrel just does not like bullets heavier than 125 grains. I've tried to develop loads with heavy bullets (147 SNS, Bayou, Missouri, Berry, 135 Bayou, etc.), but never got better than a 2'' group at 50 feet (which would be 3'' at 75 feet, extrapolated) with heavier bullets and fast powders. I know that isn't the apparent usual experience with KKM barrels, but that's my experience after significant Ransom rest testing. The Bayou 124 TCN (truncated cone, groove-less) however will shoot 1.4'' groups at 50 feet, and sometimes better, down to nearly an inch. My load for the Bayou TCN is 1.086 with 3.5 grains of Promo / Red Dot. Comfortably makes minor.

I'm debating this too. I've always used 124 JHP precision deltas but recently started experimenting with plated 124's and 147's from xtreme. So far I know the 124 jhp's are accurate and hopefully I'll find one with the plated 124 and 147's.

115gr MG JHP

4.6gr vv N320

Federal Small Pistol Primer

Assorted Cases

1.123" COAL

I've put this load thru its paces in my Glock 34 with stock barrel and recoil spring when I shot production. It has smacked down plenty of uncalibrated steel at local matches, and put double alphas on 20+ yard cardboards many times. At one point, I ran out of VV powder and alternated to AA#2 at the same weight 4.6grs, and other than it being a little sooty, it ran just as good.

Just my personal preference, but I never liked the way the 147's felt, and the 124's never offered any significant difference to justify their cost difference over the 115's. Its completely subjective and everyone has their preferences, but I almost always prefer lighter faster, to slower heavier.

Onepocket thats not what they told me when I became a Certified Glock Armor or Weapon Instructor. They are understanding and warranty their guns and have been known to fix guns that had reloads shot through them, but the reality is they know their business and have denied warranty claims because of reloading.