Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Battle in the Bluegrass April 10th and 11th

Are you going to do the prize table any different this year for the folks that are not able to stick around until saturday? A lot of the big matches do it before the match and have the gifts in the bags when we show up to register.

Prize table is by finish, not random draw.

So if a guy that shoots on Friday wins something, it gets shipped to them (or FFL)?

If you place high enough to win a gun somebody can pick one out for you. We'll ship it out to your FFL. For all the other prizes you need to be present to pick it out or have somebody get it for you.

When this match first started Friday was for RO's only. More and more people wanted to shoot it, so Corey opened up Friday as needed. Now the RO's have to shoot on Friday, and run a whole squad at the same time.

The match started out small so we could make sure everybody got something off the prize table. Now we have both days filled up within a week of taking applications. The prize table is still done by order of finish, and we'll still have enough stuff for everybody to get something.

Edited by twodelta

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That would require the RO's and match staff to be there three days. Two days is enough.

Actually 3 days is more "normal" for a match of this size. I know the intent has been to have a nice little match but but BITB surpassed that status a long time ago.

Same with giving staff a hotel room. To get enough QUALITY" staff for a match of your stature you have some that will travel a ways to get there. Only match around that has staff pay for their room. That's part of the reason I work but don't shoot the match. Well, that and I am an Open shooter! :)

I guess we're not really a normal match. We never have enough on the wait list to fill up another day. Indiana's SS/Prod/Revo match still has spots open, and they run three days. We don't have a problem getting quality staff for the match now.

The match started small, and Corey always made sure people could get something off the prize table by order of finish. It used to be RO's only on Friday, so everybody was still there on Saturday to walk the prize table. IF we added a third day we would have even more people complain that they can't stick around to get a prize. It will always be order of finish for BITB.

Even with the match almost doubling in size we still have enough for everybody to get something. As of a couple days ago we had over $20K in prizes from the sponsors, and we're spending another $8,000 on guns and other items.

We have something planned for mid October that will be open to all divisions.

That would require the RO's and match staff to be there three days. Two days is enough.

Actually 3 days is more "normal" for a match of this size. I know the intent has been to have a nice little match but but BITB surpassed that status a long time ago.

Same with giving staff a hotel room. To get enough QUALITY" staff for a match of your stature you have some that will travel a ways to get there. Only match around that has staff pay for their room. That's part of the reason I work but don't shoot the match. Well, that and I am an Open shooter! :)

Sarge, aren't you signed up as a Production shooter on squad 101 on Friday?

Yes I was generically squadded but still look like i can't make it Friday anyway. I just can't take off work unless I call off sick. That's hard for me to do

Yes I was generically squadded but still look like i can't make it Friday anyway. I just can't take off work unless I call off sick. That's hard for me to do
You still RO'ing Saturday?

• 3 weeks later...

You still RO'ing Saturday?
Yes

We have $20K in prizes donated from all the sponsors. Make sure you check them out online, and call or email to say thanks. They are all listed on our FB page. https://www.facebook.com/BattleintheBluegrass6

We're also buying another $8000 worth of prizes with the match fees to put on the table. Every class winner could pick a gun of the table. Match workers and stage builders will automatically be entered into a raffle for two more guns this year.

See everybody in a few weeks.

Allen

• 2 weeks later...

What time do we need to be at the range Friday to get registered and have a shooters meeting? I have about a 2.5 hour drive and am trying to figure out when to leave.

Thanks

What time do we need to be at the range Friday to get registered and have a shooters meeting? I have about a 2.5 hour drive and am trying to figure out when to leave.

Thanks

Schedule for the weekend:

Friday registration from 7:00-4:30 (or until we get done shooting)

Friday shooters meeting at 8:15

Friday we go hot at 8:30

Saturday registration from 7:00-8:30

Saturday shooters meeting at 8:15

Saturday we go hot at 8:30

Our registration guy will be sending out an email as well.

Edited by twodelta

I like the fact that the fees are used to pad the prize table. Don't see that too much anymore.

We've always spent $5000 to $8000 on the prize table in addition to the sponsor donations. Bluegrass Sportsmen's League has been very supportive every year, and they just let us do what we want for the most part. The club president has asked me about hosting more major matches. We already have more 3 gun matches planned this year, and the KY championship in Oct. now.