Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUB 2# GLOCK TRIGGER KIT

bowenbuilt

Guest beyond3

He had to have my gun to ensure the proper engagements. He said the over all modification may be too Sophisticated to put in a drop-in kit form. The last trigger group I purchased from him had an engagement that was right on the line. It ran like a Clydesdale in ballet shoes but I just wanted a bit more purchase because it worried me a bit. Kind of like when you first start carrying cocked and locked. It's always in the back of your mind until you get comfortable with it. He has a private you tube channel that's unbelievable to remedy any possible issue but even with this resource he could not ensure the drop-in "at this point". I think his rational for the short vid was just because he was so excited about it. If you've ever worked with him you know he eats, breaths, and sleeps this stuff. I'm just waiting for the break down vid he eluded to in the short.

Folks there is no such thing as a true sub 2 lb drop in trigger. I have been doing Glock triggers for 15 years. I have had many shooters ask me to send them a drop in trigger. I MUST have the gun. You are dealing with stamped parts and very loose tolerances. My trigger job may or may not work in different Glocks. I have seen too many trigger jobs, done by people that don't know what they are doing, double.

Trigger bars can be adjusted to fit the individual's hand size. Striker release point can also be adjusted.

Thanks for concurring about needing to have the gun Joe.

This trigger work in it's totality is just too fickle to reproduce predictably in a kit form. However I will be offering an adaptation of this modification within tolerances that are consistently predictable, functionally reliable, and mechanically flawless. This rendition coupled with the set screw configuration I already utilize achieves the fore mentioned descriptions . As with all my kits all safeties are %100 functional and dependable.

Joe if you've been doing triggers that long I'm sure you have a scrap pile of bars that could fill a few dressed drawers. I know I have a collection myself. I wish I could melt them down and re stamp them. My boys who are 6 and 9 yrs old love to play Jr. gunsmith with them.

Yes, I have a drawer full of trigger bars. On occasion I can pull one out and pair it with a trigger shoe and get a 1 1/4# pull. I am usually not that lucky. I just bend the tab forward to remove pre-travel yet keep all the safeties working.

Does he guarantee that my glock will not Ka Boom with his trigger system?

The trigger has almost nothing to do with a Kaboom. That is more about getting the slide completely back into battery.
True. A buggered trigger group in a Glock is more likely to be the blame if you hear:

bang-bang-bang-bang-bang

with one trigger pull

@Joe D (or anyone),

Have you ever measured the difference in trigger pull weight before and after modifying that spring tab? I'm just wondering how much weight that takes off the pull?

Very little, mostly reduces pre travel. It may be comparable to using a 6.0# trigger spring on a trigger bar that has not been altered.

The lightest trigger pull I ever measured on a Glock trigger was one with the Joe D modification done by an engineer. The trigger bar installed with all the other competition trigger components weighed 1# 6oz. near the bottom of the trigger where you can get a good reading.

Another one was modified to get a 2# 1oz. reading but I ruined it by removing too much material from the nose of the trigger bar.

Measurements were on the same area of the trigger used on a stock Glock that results in approximately 5# 8oz. trigger pull.

I can not see a sub 2.0# trigger pull on a Glock with OEM components other than a 4.5# firing pin spring. That would be amazing.

Edited by JBP55

Joe D: Following along with your write up about 2lb trigger. Does the lighter striker and spring improve the trigger weight noticeable , and or the pull weight ? .If you would not mind sharing Which light weight steel striker that you found best to use, and was this a extended striker seeing that your using a 4lb. spring. Which most feel leads to light primer strikes.

Thanks

I use the steel Lightning Strike exclusively. Don't know if it has an extended tip. OTOH never had a light strike. You cannot use a 4 lb spring with the stock striker. Guess I have never tested the pull weight with the stock striker and 4 lb spring. The Nitride finish is very durable and slick. http://shop.lspi.com/Steel-Striker-for-GLOCK-Pistols-LS-7920.htm