Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which semi auto shotgun are you running for 3-gun

Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run Akdal 1919 but it appears those have been discontinued and replaced with the Eksen XN 1919. Not all of the parts will interchange.

I believe Firebird will still make a stock 1919 race ready but their main bread and butter is their version of the 1919 that will in time be built with 100% USA parts (may be there already.)

Tooth and Nail also customize the 1919 for our sport. They also supply 23 rd magazines.

Bill

Since I just switched to it .....1301.........so far...flawless.....light as an M2 and gas operated for a bit less recoil.......and shoots slugs GREAT!

Ain't nothing as light as an M2.

A better statement would be lighter than a Versamax.

Time to bring out a scale! Recently pickup up a 1301 and love it!

Google it. It's at least a pound heavier in similar barrel length and features.

Interesting! 2-3 year ago Benelli and FN were the only ones on the list.

Benelli

Remington

Mossberg

Beretta

Stoeger

The first "3Gun", the entire top 10 shot Remington 1100s. When I started in 2005, it was about 75% Benelli and 15% Remington 11XXs. Two to three years ago, there were still a few top guys running 1100s, there were a good number of 930s CZ712s and still some oddballs with yes, SLPs and M2s. I'd be willing to bet that the top two are still on top in a year or two, but I think positions 3-6 will see some flips.

Edited by MarkCO

Interesting! 2-3 year ago Benelli and FN were the only ones on the list.

Benelli

Remington

Mossberg

Beretta

Stoeger

The first "3Gun", the entire top 10 shot Remington 1100s. When I started in 2005, it was about 75% Benelli and 15% Remington 11XXs. Two to three years ago, there were still a few top guys running 1100s, there were a good number of 930s CZ712s and still some oddballs with yes, SLPs and M2s. I'd be willing to bet that the top two are still on top in a year or two, but I think positions 3-6 will see some flips.

I agree. Cool to see everybody coming to the party.

I pinched a nerve in my neck a few days ago, been in pain and stiff for several days, worrying it might be skeletal and not just muscles. Anyway, I had to shoot some uppers for customers today so i took the new M3000 to the range. I winced as I pulled the trigger the first time, but after 25 TWinS loads and 50 rounds, I am happy to report the pain is gone.

The M3000...better than a Chiropractor!

A5 seems lighter then the M2 but I haven't weighed them

Tough call. My A5 has a 30" barrel so feels slightly heavier than my M2.

The trigger group, carrier and such are daintier on the A5 as compared to the M2.

The m2 handguard is pretty minimalistic compared to the A5.

The A5 has 5 round capacity whereas M2 only holds 4. So the mag tube must be a little longer and heavier on the A5.

M2 comfortech stock has lots of holes compared to A5. Not sure if all that foam in the M2 stock weighs more than the plastic in the A5 stock.

A5 doesn't have that metal stick adjustment piece in the stock like the M2 does. Not sure what's I the A5 stock actually.

I'd guess the M2 is lighter but I could be wrong. No gas system like the Versamax or 1301 means both A5 and M2 will be lighter than the others.

Of the votes i would rank as follows from lighter to heaviest.

M2

A5

M3000

Versamax

Taurus Judge.

gamer

Glad I'm back on this thread....

I suggest a Judge wheel gun division.

Judge pistol and Judge rifle/shotgun.

no need to dump a rifle or shotgun....Its 2 guns in 1!! Just load whatever you need in the long gun.

Now to find steel the little .410's will knock down.

"Can I get a calibration Please!"

I have weighed all of the following with a 10 round tube capacity:

1301C: 7.3 pounds

M3000: 7.5 pounds

VersaMax: 7.8 pounds

JMPro: 7.9 pounds

What barrel length?

24" on all except the VM which is a 26". All have been modified, so there is material removed from the Handguards, loading ports, etc.