Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is your reloading bench?

Duh - I live in AZ. One summer in the garage was enough... now I am all set up in my guest room. Works well, so long as I plan around the visits by my mother-in-law :roflol:

Yea, I couldn't get the wife to agree to that - still in the garage.

6:00am - 85*

1:00pm - 104*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is in the kitchen. Well a part of the kitchen meant for a table, but a table would never fit. Metro wire rack I picked up for $15. Cut the legs down and topped it with a section of countertop I got from a demo. I can set the shelf height to any height I desire in 1" increments. Right now it is just over 36" and with the strong mount I am at perfect height to not have to bend over at all. Weight on the setup is from used brass. The shelving barely moves and if I need to I can place a couple angle clips screwed into the molding. Bench is 36" wide and 24" deep.

15150634698_d1d789ab79_h.jpg20140923_213904 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

My last one was in the "Terrace Level" of the house and was 12x14 which included all the Radio equipment. Sold the home, in temporary quarters while the Retirement Villa is being built. I will have my Man cave in the terrace level again but this time it is 20x25 so plenty of room for everything. Cement walls on 3 sides and fully studded wall where a steel door that opens outward will be installed. Will post pictures next April/May 2015 of the results as the home will not close until March 2015.

Mine used to be in the house, but with the new addition to my family I had to move it to the garage. I don't care for it being there but until I can get a bigger house that's where it will stay.

I'm sharing a spare bedroom upstairs. Temp is never a problem. My wife does her craft work one one side of the room. I get the rest. It's not bad. Wish I had some space to store 20,000+ rounds and get that heavy shelf out of the room. An outside room would be nice but it would need to be insulated good as here in Oregon the temp. Can vary greatly from noon till midnight. I have forced air and heat so can't tap into that. What would work?

Mike, I bought a bunch of 9mm ammo in the spring when you still couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't even have a 9mm at the time (was going to buy a 9mm but wound up with a .40) Anyway, three boxes of ammo fit nicely in the width of a gallon size foodsaver bag. I vacuum sealed a half dozen boxes and have no worries about humidity or anything else until I fire them. Depending on how many I load in a session going forward I may use the plastic trays and vacuum seal in quantities of 100-200 with the ID sticker tossed in so i know what it is later. Considering you get something like 5 or 6 rolls of product at Costco for $40 or less you can seal a LOT of ammo, or even your favorite meat when you buy it on sale. lol