Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for 929

3gunyotehtr

I recently snagged a 929 and am trying to decide on a holster. Right now I am leaning toward a Blade Tech competition ( I am assuming the 629 6.5" model will work) or cutting the front out of a standard Blade Tech. I do not feel comfortable with a race rig. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you considered a Safariland Model 002 Cup Challenge holster? Ran my 6.5 inch S&W 610 in one for several years. Might be faster than a BladeTech but hold the gun more securely than a ghost or similar "race" holster. Mine was made for a 6 inch gun but worked well with the 6.5 inch barrel.

610_1.jpg

Warren Moore (ToolGuy) in this forum makes a great holster for open revolvers. It accommodates any barrel out to 7.5 inches and holds securely. I love mine.

Warren is in the vendor section under Protocol Designs. Great guy and a great revo shooter!

+1, Warren used a good auto holster and made an attachment for a revolver. So with his holster system you have the ability to holster a 1911 or any length revolver. Warrens rig is solid, the gun will not fall out unlike my CR Speed.

I have run the Cup Challenge holster for years, works great with 6.5" 610 as well as L frame guns. Heck I use it with my 617 too. That being said I do have a Blade Teck race holster for my 625 and it is also secure and draw a bit faster but it is not as versitile as the Cup Challenge. And yes, the Cup challenge is scure!

I've got the AApha, works great on all S&W's that I shoot (627's & 929) GREAT retention. Just used it on a stage were the gun was holstered and you were sitting in a chair.... I flipped the lock on and draw/unlock was ez at the buzzer., ...no chance of gun falling out ever even in a hurricane!. A BIG plus... the different gun inserts are like $50 (I've got a Glock insert also)..They have one for just about every pistol....