Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recipe for bladetech doh

bigdave24

It's probably been mentioned here before, but I recently re shaped my bladetech doh hangar to change the angle the gun hangs. Heated it in a toaster oven at 325 degrees for ten minutes, then bent it with oven mitts. 300 degrees wasn't quite warm enough.

I tried shims, wedges, and extended screws to get the angle right. It ended up having a lot of flex which I wasn't happy with so I made this instead with simple hand tools. So far it's been great and super comfortable due to the rigidity of it.

post-44159-0-46324200-1409334091_thumb.j

post-44159-0-23039200-1409334104_thumb.j

post-44159-0-18014900-1409334133_thumb.j

post-44159-0-56656900-1409334144_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I have also had a problem (which took me an embarrassingly long time to diagnose) with my DOH Blade Tech holster holding the grip of the pistol away from my body and the muzzle close.

I'm looking for a holster that will hold the gun for a true, stable, vertical draw. I see the Stoeger line is out of stock and folks are recommending the Invictus. Does the Invictus hold the weapon vertical or is at angled towards/away from the body?

Hello: I am interested in the Invictus mount as well. The other mount I could make but don't like the design of it. Maybe it's time to break out a sheet of aluminum, aluminum rod, stainless screws and make something. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

I have also had a problem (which took me an embarrassingly long time to diagnose) with my DOH Blade Tech holster holding the grip of the pistol away from my body and the muzzle close.

In case anyone was wondering -- the O in DOH = Offset. :D

In case anyone was wondering -- the O in DOH = Offset. :D

Yeah, but the hanger is more than offset it actually angles the barrel towards the thigh and the gun away from the shooter such that in many cases it exceeds the 2 inch rule. Why do that make it that way? They MUST be aware of this rule!

I decided I just wanted more flexibility that what I felt the others offered. With about 10.00 in aluminum and some taps I can adjust height, angle and cant of the gun to any position I want. The belt attachment of the DOH just couldn't do what I wanted without a ton of flex, now it's rigid and actually hangs on the belt without digging into my leg. If you're not afraid to make things yourself, give it a go or PM me and I'll help as much as I can.

Wait for the BOSS to be back in stock. Absolutely the best hanger that I have found. I have played with the Invictus and while it is a decent mount, I don't like the Tek-Lok for mounting to the belt as much as the simple clamp on the BOSS. The BOSS locks it to the belt and doesn't move at all, I still get a bit of movement with the Tek-Lok no matter how tight I put the adjustment bar. With my Glock 34 and my Blade-tech pouch, I have it in the lowest position and the heel of the gun is approximately 1/2" above the belt and the spacing from the inner belt to the grip is roughly 1 3/4". Perfect to easily measure without having to worry about making the division requirements, but gives enough room between the hanger and my gun that my thumb doesn't hit the hanger. Adjustable for forward/rear angle, and I haven't had to Loctite anything, the screws stay tight.

Just my $.02.

Jon

Cheep FIX; Remove your Blade Tech holster from your belt loosen the three screws that hold your DOH to the plastic belt loop attachment Place a piece of 5/16 hard rubber shaped into wedge from bottom up.Tighten all three screws. Your gun will now be more vertical and no longer pointed at your leg ;)

Will both the tek-lok and stingray attachments with the doh hanger on a bladetech owb pass in production division? Not trying to hijack the thread, just wondered if they're both legal?

For my M&P and N-frame, they do. If I understand the TBeazlie's issue correctly, the one-size-fits-all drop/offset attachment seems like it can sometimes hold the grip too far out, past the 2-inch rule. I haven't seen it myself but I suppose it could happen, especially if the gun's extremely front-heavy.