Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting a new gun from a new Sponsor

Turtle

I've been reluctant to say anything to anybody, but here goes. I'm happy to announce that I'll be representing CZ-USA this year shooting an SP-01 in Production Division. I just got my first gun from them last week, a CZ 85 C, which is to be my back up gun once I get my SP-01. I'm about as resistant to change as the next guy, so it hasn't been easy for me so far. I know Flex will be upset with me, leaving the tupperware behind and all, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be an "Industry Shooter". There's a lot to like about the CZ too!

When I first got started (1994) in the sport, it seemed like there were more of them, industry shooters that is, you know back when American Handgunner used to cover the matches. It's really benn great, getting to know and shoot with the guys I used to read about in the magazines. I have to thank Phil and Shooters Paradise for helping me out the past couple of years. I don't think I could have made it this far with out him. I'll still be representing Shooters Paradise as well (as long as Phil keeps me, that is). Thanks for sharing this experience with me and for being here on this forum. Hope to see you all this shooting season. Look for me at the FL Open packing a new piece of hardware....

Regards,

Todd

OOOH Matt, I am glad you said it first....Wasn't TN the first time with the new blaster? I know, we shouldn't talk about it. :D

Congrats Todd and may all those classic targets at Frank's place look 3 times bigger than actual size....for all of us!

Good for you! That is awesome, and the result of lots of hardwork.

I have a different view than most on sponsorships. Have long thought about approaching the major factories and threatening to use their guns in competition unless they paid me not to...maybe send along a short video-clip of me in say, a hat, shirt, pants, boots, gloves, etc., all emblazoned with a huge name [insert manufacturer here]...with a short note: Unless you want others seeing this type of shooting with your [insert product here], send me [insert amount here]. :D Hey, you know, we all gots ta eat, right?

Seriously, congrats!

Thanks a lot guys! I am totally stoked and ready to enjoy this new season.

And mcoliver, I'm still a newbie at CZ but the best I can tell, the 85 Combat (vs. the 85B) has an overtravel stop for the trigger and NO firing pin block safety. And BTW, a huge "Thank You" to Angus Hobdell for all his help and support, what a great guy!

Todd

Todd wrote:

"-the 85 Combat (vs. the 85B) has an overtravel stop for the trigger and

-NO firing pin block safety. "

Both 85s feature ambidextrous controls. The Combat has adjustable sights.

In comparing the 75B with the CZ-85 Combat, the additional features include:

-ambidextrous safety

-ambidextrous slide release lever

-slightly longer mag release than 75B

-factory installed adjustable sights

-firing pin is removable in the same fashion as a 1911 (75B is retained by a roll pin)

-magazines drop free (75B is designed to retain the magazine in the well

when the release is activated)

-in dual tone, the 85 Combat features a non-reflective finish on the slide to cut out glare.

Until the SP-01 arrives in the USA, the 85 Combat is the perfect 9mm CZ for Production division. D.

Todd,

couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congratulations!

My sentiments exactly. Have fun with your new toy and don’t let the pressure of being a “Sponsored Shooter” change how you shoot. Just go out there and continue to read your sights. Barnes I think, has a good post somewhere around here on how this changed him.