Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun - August 13-16, 2015

JJ thinks it's kind of like "Where's Waldo"?

Truth is, we've weed whacked and driven over and broken stalks and painted legs and all we can do to help Waldo(the targets) be visible! It's just a wee bit crazy!

It's, literally, a jungle out there!! :surprise:

I drive down a road, and it feels like I'm in a big black-eyed susan maze!

Edited by Benelli Chick

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunflowers. Especially when someone decides to paint the target yellow. :)

That's why JJ said if you find something black with a yellow backer...it may or may not be a target...it may be a Black-Eyed Susan! :devil:

They're pretty visible as of this weekend, and we have a few more days to work on them, so don't worry too much! We're kind of yanking your chains...a little...maybe... :surprise:

Heading out soon...so I will get back to you, but turn around may be a little longer than usual.

Will be checking a couple times a day!

See you all soon!

Would be happy to get some more waivers! :devil:

Check out the sponsors at http://rm3g.com/2015vendorsSwap.html and be sure to spend your dollars with the sponsors who support us! We are over $200,000 on the table and such amazing stuff! They are soooo generous!!! :bow::bow:

:wub: Denise

Prepare for the attack of the dasies!

Because of All rain, the dasies, or whatever they are, are everywhere. I mean 8 foot tall stalks of 4-6 inch in diameter yellow flowers with black centers. They have taken over the range! And they conviently kinda look like our rifle targets...

So when shooting rifle and you center in your scope what looks like a rifle target with a yellow backer, you may want to double check...

jj

Those would be Sunflowers....

Well, we spent about 6 hours today with machete, weed whacker, truck trying to tame the jungle!!!

It's taking forever, but the targets are visible!!! Good grief!! It's just crazy out here!

The flowers are over 10 ft tall in places...

We're looking forward to seeing everyone...if we can find you in the flowers and weeds.

JJ knocked off a rattler today! :surprise: He was walking up to see if the targets were now visible...and...I'll tell you the truth. He bellowed...he DID NOT scream like a girl!!! :devil:

See you all soon! Think it will be fun, weeds and bugs and all!

So I put a basic count of targets together from the previous page.

Rifle: 102 (paper and/or steel)

Pistol: 104 (paper and/or steel)

Birdshot: 97 (birds / steel etc)

Slugs: 14 (steel, paper?)

So as long as you bring 300+ of everything (100 slugs?) we should be fine

All valid points!

Max distance is still right around 550.

We've done a little tweaking here and there.

Pistol only stage has 20 steel and 17 paper...for 54 rounds if you shoot 2 at each paper. Might want to be sure you've got enough mags! :surprise:

Other than that, stage descriptions pretty close. We've had to adjust some stuff to get around the Flower Power aspect of things...BUT, when we showed up on stage 9 this morning, 5 bucks (mule deer) just hanging around! Big racks, still in velvet...might grow bigger! So amazing!

Also, the place abounds with more bunnies than I have ever seen. Jack rabbits, hares and cute little cottontails everywhere. I guess there aren't THAT many snakes! :devil:

See you all soon!

Also,

I've had several ask if they could try our shotguns at the match, the answer. Of course !
That goes for anybody, Open shooter or not.

We will also have a couple of 2011's to fondle, the best you'll find.

Warning it may be hard on your wallet. ;)

Look us up and ask, we are camping at the Coors campground, and will have a flag there as well as on our truck we'll be driving to the stages

RO's walked all the stages looking for ways to make the stages run more smoothly and safely. The walk through was the best we've ever had. The whole group was focused and very helpful!

I think you are going to be pleased with the great RO's working this year!!

Staff shoot tomorrow...staff plus others off the waitlist to make for an exciting and busy day! The staff shoot is full as well! :surprise:

Check-In for the main match is Wednesday from noon to 1700 at the Coors cabin near the Coors range!!!

Bug Spray, sunscreen, rain gear, good shoes, hats, brain power....bring them along! Be prepared for anything! The weather has been crazy!!!

Thanks again to the great staff for their hard work and great ideas today!

RO's walked all the stages looking for ways to make the stages run more smoothly and safely. The walk through was the best we've ever had. The whole group was focused and very helpful!

I think you are going to be pleased with the great RO's working this year!!

Staff shoot tomorrow...staff plus others off the waitlist to make for an exciting and busy day! The staff shoot is full as well! :surprise:

Check-In for the main match is Wednesday from noon to 1700 at the Coors cabin near the Coors range!!!

Bug Spray, sunscreen, rain gear, good shoes, hats, brain power....bring them along! Be prepared for anything! The weather has been crazy!!!

Thanks again to the great staff for their hard work and great ideas today!

OXYGEN ? ? ? ? :sick:

Wonder if I can get a small tank on my belt ?

Loading up today, early morning tomorrow.