Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

I've contacted several dealers in CA and all have said their distributors have come up dry, and do not anticipate getting any until Q1 next year.

My 3 options are:

1. Find one and get it shipped to my FFL in the next week and a half.

2. Get CA Roster thrown out as unconstitutional.

3. Move.

Options 2 and 3 are seeming more realistic right now...

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 3 options are:

1. Find one and get it shipped to my FFL in the next week and a half.

2. Get CA Roster thrown out as unconstitutional.

3. Move.

There are other options, however crappy/complex/remote they may be:

4. Wait for a CA LEO to purchase one and decide that he doesn't like it, then snap it up on resale via PPT.

5. Wait for someone who owns one outside CA to move into CA and volreg it, then snap it up on resale via PPT.

Some folks have IMed me about how I managed to get my FFL to order an XCalibur. If you go back in the thread you'll find a list of distributors I posted earlier. I provided this to my trusted reseller who then called them all until Amchar said they had received some.

Officially it will be in on Monday or Tuesday. I am crossing my fingers that it is the real deal but it seems to be since the cost is over $700. Reseller said he would retail it under $900.

FWIW the reseller is AJI in Apache Junktion.

I wish you all the best☺

I will let everyone know as soon as I have it.

Look at the strong hand only it definitely seems to rotate a bit in the hand. Otherwise very flat.

Yup, it does give a bit of clockwise rotation. You get used to it. It is a very awkward, but oh so fun gun to shoot. I took a footage of Nils Jonasson shooting my K100 one day and he rocked it, commenting it was a weird but fun gun. And then I destroyed my cellphone before I could post the video and before it could make it to the cloud. True story.

Ok, I thought I had bothered my shop for nothing again but the owner is a great guy and he emailed me that one was on the way.

Crossing my fingers... Maybe it is from the first batch.

I asked him what distributor he used. I'll let you know and edit this post once I hear back from him.

The distributor is AmChar.

Its a bit of a hail Mary

Full Of Grace

The Lord Is With Thee

OK, enough with that :)

I pray that you all get an X-Calibur for Christmas.

I just got off the phone with AJI- they don't want to deal with CA, said it would cost me too much. I told them I didn't care, and would do it anyway and they said they won't be seeing any more for 10 days, and probably couldn't get it to my dealer before the cutoff. Local dealers can't get them direct from AmChar. All hope exhausted.

But hey, at least I can start the DROS on my K100 tomorrow! As bad as I want the extra sight radius, slide lightening, and fluted barrel- I think the K100 will do me fine for the 2 or 3 times a year I feel like shooting prod.

Ok, I thought I had bothered my shop for nothing again but the owner is a great guy and he emailed me that one was on the way.

Crossing my fingers... Maybe it is from the first batch.

I asked him what distributor he used. I'll let you know and edit this post once I hear back from him.

The distributor is AmChar.

Its a bit of a hail Mary

Full Of Grace

The Lord Is With Thee

OK, enough with that :)

I pray that you all get an X-Calibur for Christmas.

I just got off the phone with AJI- they don't want to deal with CA, said it would cost me too much. I told them I didn't care, and would do it anyway and they said they won't be seeing any more for 10 days, and probably couldn't get it to my dealer before the cutoff. Local dealers can't get them direct from AmChar. All hope exhausted.

But hey, at least I can start the DROS on my K100 tomorrow! As bad as I want the extra sight radius, slide lightening, and fluted barrel- I think the K100 will do me fine for the 2 or 3 times a year I feel like shooting prod.

You will not regret the K100. It got me from total noob to a solid B in 2 years and I probably shot like 20,000 shots through 2 units. I shoot about 10 matches a month :)

My next goal is to break into M with the X-Calibur. I do think the K100 lacks in long distance accuracy compared to, say, an STI 1911, but go indoors with it, push the target all the way back and amaze yourself.

Does the frame have a bevel?

Clear up the question.

I'm guessing this is referring to the magwell area. It appears somewhat generous to me, as the lip is wider than the mag. I will have mine in hand soon enough to see how it reloads.

Friday I'll have frame in hand. MD 7 day waits

When you do (or anyone else who already has them) -- could you please check how much does the magazine catch protrudes into the magazine tube (with the slide removed from the gun and the baseplate/spring/follower removed from the mag, so you could see in)?

I've been struggling with mag retention for a while and I think it's a magazine catch, want to confirm it.

Ok, this time it seems that Amchar really has the XCalibur and they called my store. They are sending him one.

I can see one in stock right now.

David: what are the 20-round and 26-round 9mm magazines?

Is the 20-round magazine similar to the one Dawson used to sell?

Is the 26-round magazine IPSC or USPSA compliant?

Thanks!