Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Uppers

Matt W

A friend of mine bought one of the 14.7 versions. When I shot it I found it very quick for target transitions and the weight is unbelievable. The maximum distance we have shot it at so far has been 50 yards, but no problem holding the 10 ring on a IP target all day long with just an EoTech.

I enjoyed shooting this upper so much I immediately tore apart my 14.5 LW mid-length and replaced the handguard with the KMR. I noticed without the weight of my old handguard that the Surefire break that was on the gun is violent. I will probably send the upper to Taran to have the same break installed.

I also shot one that Keith Garcia is shooting and found the quality of of the one he built for Keith is the same as the production sample my friend bought.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to hear some specs! When I was at the Simi Valley shop I asked about uppers and they mentioned at that time that they prefer to sell full rifles in order to ensure that the quality of the lower matched the quality of the upper. Sounded reasonable, so I dropped the idea. This was back in June, so they may be selling uppers individually now?

I switched mine from samson evo 15" to kmr 13", and it was a big change. It was an easy 7oz drop in weight, and the balance is now more toward the back. Reminds me of my govt profile 16" rather than a somewhat front heavy 18" and accuracy stayed the same.

Edited by NisilS14

• 2 months later...

Anyone running Taran's new uppers or rifles with the KMR rail? If so, how does it shoot (accuracy, weight, swing, etc) I was looking at the 16" version not the super lite 14.7.

Thanks,

Yeah, here's one. post-14685-0-42175700-1416627504_thumb.j Found the sweet spot with 55gr Freedom Arms remanufactured. This gun is awesome. Just doesn't move. It's like an Open pistol. Light. Very accurate. The BCM Keymod rail is really nice to grab. This is 16" version. Custom gas port hole. Cost-9 million. Worth it.

Edited by Jadeslade

Anyone running Taran's new uppers or rifles with the KMR rail? If so, how does it shoot (accuracy, weight, swing, etc) I was looking at the 16" version not the super lite 14.7.

Thanks,

Yeah, here's one. attachicon.gifTTI with Keymod.jpg Found the sweet spot with 55gr Freedom Arms remanufactured. This gun is awesome. Just doesn't move. It's like an Open pistol. Light. Very accurate. The BCM Keymod rail is really nice to grab. Cost-9 million. Worth it.

What sling are you using?

TTI Ultra Light

BCM Upper Receiver (we also use Vltor mostly)
BCM KMR magnesium 13" forearm with a Noveske QD sling and rail
PRI Compensator and gas block
Vltor EMOD collapsible stock
JP 2lb custom fit match trigger
TTI Ionbonded lightweight bolt carrier
TTI light speed buffer spring
Fluted chrome lined BCM 14.5 match barrel chambered in 223 Wylde with a 1-8 twist with a welded on PRI compensator to make the gun's overall length legal
BCM extended gunfighter charging handle
Trijicon Accupoint TR-24R with a LaRue LT104 mount with the MGM switchview

TTI Ultimate

Vltor MUR-1 receiver
BCM KMR magnesium 15" forearm with a Noveske QD sling and rail
PRI Compensator and gas block
Vltor IMOD collapsible stock
JP 2lb custom fit match trigger
TTI Ionbonded lightweight bolt carrier

TTI light speed buffer spring
16" chrome lined Criterion Barrel chambered in 223 Wylde with a 1-8 twist
BCM extended gunfighter charging handle
Trijicon Accupoint TR-24R with a LaRue LT104 mount with the MGM switchview

Nope. Gas port is sized already so that there is no need for adjustable block. Both versions are the flattest and lightest uppers I have ever shot. There is a video on facebook of me running a practice stage holding the rifle like a handgun, two hand gripped on the handgrip of the rifle shooting it like an open pistol. Super fun and fast ;-)

If Taran makes it...I've found its likely the best

Jacob Betsworth