Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Universal 9mm major open ammo

Iggy42

Any of your open gurus tried this out and if so I would love to hear your thoughts

Especially if you run it through an Open XDm

I ask because I really want to get into the open game, but I don't have the funds/space to load my own. I am trying to make that happen (biggest problem is lack of space in my 1200 sq ft house for a large enough work bench) but until then I am trying to explore other options.

Also if anyone has any experience with anyone else that is making 9mm major ammo for open guns I would love to hear about it.

Atlanta arms and ammo....

While I here great things about them I was unaware that they had a 9mm major round for Open guns. A link would be great since I don't see it anywhere on their site.

Atlanta arms and ammo....

While I here great things about them I was unaware that they had a 9mm major round for Open guns. A link would be great since I don't see it anywhere on their site.

Call them. They used to make it....although, I have never bought anything from them...

Any of your open gurus tried this out and if so I would love to hear your thoughts

Especially if you run it through an Open XDm

I ask because I really want to get into the open game, but I don't have the funds/space to load my own. I am trying to make that happen (biggest problem is lack of space in my 1200 sq ft house for a large enough work bench) but until then I am trying to explore other options.

Also if anyone has any experience with anyone else that is making 9mm major ammo for open guns I would love to hear about it.

If it helps.... I used to reload with a Lyman single stage press bolted to a 2x10 and C-clamped to the kitchen table. Perhaps not the ideal way of doing it, but it worked until I had space to dedicate to it.

Make sure the ammo you get for your XDM is loaded no longer than 1.145 OAL. You need this for feeding out of your magazines. Ammo loaded to 1.165 OAL for STI open guns wont run in your XDM FYI.....

DougC

Good to know, thanks Doug

Too bad you had to stop making ammo, I ran some thru my first Limited gun and I really liked it