Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIP Eli Wallach

Youngeyes

What can I say. The Magnifient Seven and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are two of my favorite movies of all time. Greatest cowboy showdown in history. RIP Eli.

Yep. He was a good actor. And one of the most vociferous anti-gun, anti-second amendment a-holes in Hollywood. Adios!

I knew somebody would dig up something on him. I don't even do these last shot fired posts anymore. Every time I do somebody finds something wrong with them.

Being "anti-gun" doesn't make him a bad person, it just means he doesn't like guns ....

If I hated people becuase of their politics I've have no friends ...... Oh wait, I actually don't have any friends ..... Hmmmm ....

I am in no way attempting to be negative or even persuade others to agree with me about Wallach. I respect your opinions and your posts. And it took zero effort to dig up something about him. His anti-gun position was well-know, he was outspoken about his views on private gun ownership, and did not believe in honoring the Second Amendment of our Constitution. Yet he saw no conflict by making most of his money playing characters who carried and used guns.

He was likely a wonderful father and loving husband, and probably even was kind to small animals and children. But I personally do not choose to praise him or his accomplishments, especially in a setting such as this forum. And my original post was provided only to make certain all my fellow shooting forum members were aware of his position regarding firearms.

He was an actor, that is how he fed his family. Never make the mistake of equating an actor's craft with their personal beliefs ... not all actors can be Robert Downey Jr who reportly made $50M+ for his latest Avengers movie and therefore gets to use any altruistic motive he wants for selecting or turning down roles. Most actors accept any role they get becuase they are far and few between. I would also suspect in his later years, when he was more famous, and therefore could be more selective, he may have indeed turned down roles involving guns .... But we'll never know and no one ever reports that kind of stuff ....

As someone who has been in 7 movies I can assure you that I've neither ever made $50M on a single role, or have I ever turned down a role no matter how " interesting" the movie was .... :)

Edited by Nimitz