Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock 2s in stock!

Prov1x

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> EAA WITNESS STOCK II 9MM EAA 600605 you were waiting for on Sportsmans Depot is back in stock!

Yea, I got that email this morning minutes _after_ going to sleep, about 2am PST :-< wonder how many they had?

I picked up two more :-) im shooting double tap today with my stock 2 so i needed at least a back up gun.

... and a back up, to the back up? Nice! <envy> If you decide to sell/trade one ....

Your still gonna pay 1900+ here is the states for a used one

Unintended consequences of the "Production" Division :ph34r:

John why do you hate it so much lol. First you convert me to shooting Tanfo/CZ style pistols, now you bust me up for paying too much for my Stock II lol! Oh Well i love them!

Edited by Kahai808

I'm just still butthurt about Amidon telling me chop shot artists like me can't shoot Production with the guns we have, because we need to spend four times as much on the exact same gun because it came out of the factory that way. Wasn't the Production division created for a safe haven from the arms race?

I guess it's not the money that bothers me so much (after all, I do have more money in CZ75 pattern pistols than most people have in their cars :eatdrink: ) it's just the arbitrary nature of the rulings. For example: an SP01 Shadow is an SP01 minus the firing pin block plus about $200 in upgrades (sights, safeties, mag release), yet an SP01 costs under $600 new and the market price for a used SP01 Shadow is somewhere in the $1,300-$1,600 all because it came from the factory without a firing pin block instead of the user removing it.

I guess it's not the money that bothers me so much (after all, I do have more money in CZ75 pattern pistols than most people have in their cars :eatdrink: )

This is very true! lol. You make a great point about the SP01 and the Shadow.

I'm just still butthurt about Amidon telling me chop shot artists like me can't shoot Production with the guns we have, because we need to spend four times as much on the exact same gun because it came out of the factory that way. Wasn't the Production division created for a safe haven from the arms race?

I guess it's not the money that bothers me so much (after all, I do have more money in CZ75 pattern pistols than most people have in their cars :eatdrink: ) it's just the arbitrary nature of the rulings. For example: an SP01 Shadow is an SP01 minus the firing pin block plus about $200 in upgrades (sights, safeties, mag release), yet an SP01 costs under $600 new and the market price for a used SP01 Shadow is somewhere in the $1,300-$1,600 all because it came from the factory without a firing pin block instead of the user removing it.

Production is an arms race, period end of story.

As more manufacturers realize that they can get away with creating race guns for the division they will continue to do so and charge ridiculous money for them and we will continue paying because we are idiots. :P The steel framed Arsenal Strike one comes to mind.

I went from Shadows to the P09 and i am beyond happy with my decision. It killed me inside to pay 1300 bucks for a "production" gun. Especially after i ended up with an SP01 that i did some trigger work to that turned out to be just as nice as my Shadow.

What's a CZ? ;-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

Production is an arms race, period end of story.

And in one way, Production is worse than Open and Limited. At least in those two divisions you can modify your gun to keep up with the latest features, in Production you need to buy a new gun with them on from the factory...

I think its a conspiracy between USPSA and gun manufacturers ;)

we will continue paying because we are idiots. :P

I am one of them! You know there are alot of people doing well in production with guns that are only $5-600. A good buddy of mine is just about to make GM and he does it with a Block 34. its the just the idiots like me that fell in love with Stock II lol!

Edited by Kahai808

we will continue paying because we are idiots. :P

I am one of them! You know there are alot of people doing well in production with guns that are only $5-600. A good buddy of mine is just about to make GM and he does it with a Block 34. its the just the idiots like me that fell in love with Stock II lol!

This is exactly what my buddy said to me this weekend. Although I only paid $900 for my stock 2, he kept saying that his $600 Block was just as good. At double tap he beat me by 9 points and we finished 4th and 5th A class and 24th/25th overall.

The glock just feels terrible to me, like a block or a brick but he loves it. Good thing there are many flavors in this division. Although I think we are seeing more and more division winners using Stock II's and CZ's.