Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock 2s in stock!

Prov1x

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well FML I knew I should have just purchased one from each dealer that had them in stock! My order just got cancelled because they were supposedly "out of stock" at the time of my order....man I'm pissed.

That is the second time this has happened, once with hinterland and now with sportsmans-depot....fyi

Oh well at least I have one I guess. So all of you who got one from my posting, you're welcome and I hope you choke on them!! :-)

Edited by Prov1x

So who actually got one from somewhere other than s.d.? They emailed me back and said they never actually got any in. Said that their distributor told them they had 8 coming in but they never got them. So they listed them by accident thinking they would have the guns the next day.

we will continue paying because we are idiots. :P

I am one of them! You know there are alot of people doing well in production with guns that are only $5-600. A good buddy of mine is just about to make GM and he does it with a Block 34. its the just the idiots like me that fell in love with Stock II lol!

This is exactly what my buddy said to me this weekend. Although I only paid $900 for my stock 2, he kept saying that his $600 Block was just as good. At double tap he beat me by 9 points and we finished 4th and 5th A class and 24th/25th overall.

The glock just feels terrible to me, like a block or a brick but he loves it. Good thing there are many flavors in this division. Although I think we are seeing more and more division winners using Stock II's and CZ's.

A glock shooter just won area 5, but I'm thinking he will be doing much of the same in the future

with whatever he picks up on any given day!!!!

I got one from RSR. They only sell to dealers, and I got the last one. I won't worry you all with what dealer cost is on them. You would just get mad. So, what needs to be done to these things out of the box to get them in shape.

So who actually got one from somewhere other than s.d.? They emailed me back and said they never actually got any in. Said that their distributor told them they had 8 coming in but they never got them. So they listed them by accident thinking they would have the guns the next day.

Well that would suck. I ordered a Stock 3 from them and they charged my card already. Changed the order status from security hold to awaiting shipment.

Well that would suck. I ordered a Stock 3 from them and they charged my card already. Changed the order status from security hold to awaiting shipment.

That is what my order stated until this afternoon until I got that email. I emailed them and told them how disappointed I was that they would list a product, then say they didn't actually have it. They apologized and everything but it still doesn't change the fact that I could have purchased several from different companies but chose to go with them again.

hinterland did that to me as well when I bought my first one from s-d. Their online status said they had them in stock and when I ordered they said they were out even though it showed still in stock several hours later.

Edited by Prov1x

I don't want to make you guys mad but a batch of 9mm stock III extreme's has just arrived in australia. some are pre-sold but there's still new ones to buy. Cost is what i think is a fairly reasonable $1900 including 4 mags. The cerakote finish on them looks really nice.

I'm just still butthurt about Amidon telling me chop shot artists like me can't shoot Production with the guns we have, because we need to spend four times as much on the exact same gun because it came out of the factory that way. Wasn't the Production division created for a safe haven from the arms race?

I guess it's not the money that bothers me so much (after all, I do have more money in CZ75 pattern pistols than most people have in their cars :eatdrink: ) it's just the arbitrary nature of the rulings. For example: an SP01 Shadow is an SP01 minus the firing pin block plus about $200 in upgrades (sights, safeties, mag release), yet an SP01 costs under $600 new and the market price for a used SP01 Shadow is somewhere in the $1,300-$1,600 all because it came from the factory without a firing pin block instead of the user removing it.

I do agree that if you can run a shadow without FPB then taking an SP01 and 'shadowising it' by removing the FPB should be kosher.

as far as arms race just look at stuff like the extreme models. come with base pads, grips etc.

then look at the newish gamer guns like the GP Excalibur (ported slide etc) and the sphinx (basically hand built CZ for $3,000!).

When a sphinx costs $3K for their production legal model that is getting up there. but in perspective it's still on par with about the cheapest gun you can get for open (say a trubor) and a top custom open gun is still $5K+.

so it's a bit of an arms race, but a controlled arms race. :)

but in perspective it's still on par with about the cheapest gun you can get for open (say a trubor) and a top custom open gun is still $5K+

A more apt comparison might be that the top Limited guns from both CZ and Tanfoglio can be had brand new with three mags for under $1,200 ;)

I got one from RSR. They only sell to dealers, and I got the last one. I won't worry you all with what dealer cost is on them. You would just get mad. So, what needs to be done to these things out of the box to get them in shape.

First i would change out the hammer spring. im running a 13lbs hammer spring, extended firing pin with a 9lbs recoil spring. I can light off CCI primers but im running Winchester. Some guys go lower on the hammer spring and run just federals. You'll have to do some polishing on the contact points on the trigger bow. With a couple hours of sanding and polishing it will feel alot better! you should be able to find parts from Henning, Ben Steoger, or you can order from Europe at Eric G shop.

Edited by Kahai808

Those new grips do look pretty sweet, if anyone is going to switch them out for flat ones let me know, I'd hate to see such beauty gather dust :)

John are you saying your looking for the stock grips on the Stock 2? i have two sets if you want them

John are you saying your looking for the stock grips on the Stock 2? i have two sets if you want them

Are they the cool ones like these?

pix684478797.jpg

no they are not. i lreally like these! is this something new that EAA is coming out with?