Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock 2s in stock!

Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There´s no justice in this world, friend of mine wants to sell a brand new Limited 40 S&W for 950 USD and there is no interest... But of course I´m from EU and we have a lot of Tanfos ;)

I know everyone is having fun searching for their coveted Tanfoglios, but I'm a cheapskate so I wanted to share some food for thought: yes, a Shadow has the potential for a better trigger pull than an SP01 so they're often passed over by Productions shooters on the hunt for the finest pistol out there, BUT a fully tuned SP01 has a better trigger than a fully tuned Stock II (you could call it my opinion, but I call it an objective fact :D ). SOOO if you're a Production gamer who's been frustrated by the scarcity of Stock II/IIIs and Shadows, there are more and more SP01s in stock every day: http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/czu-cz75-sp-01-9mm-da-18rd-ns-1850.html

Once you've fully customized your SP01 (using my easy to follow instructions ;)http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773) you will be the envy of your buddies for less than a grand!

I know everyone is having fun searching for their coveted Tanfoglios, but I'm a cheapskate so I wanted to share some food for thought: yes, a Shadow has the potential for a better trigger pull than an SP01 so they're often passed over by Productions shooters on the hunt for the finest pistol out there, BUT a fully tuned SP01 has a better trigger than a fully tuned Stock II (you could call it my opinion, but I call it an objective fact :D ). SOOO if you're a Production gamer who's been frustrated by the scarcity of Stock II/IIIs and Shadows, there are more and more SP01s in stock every day: http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/czu-cz75-sp-01-9mm-da-18rd-ns-1850.html

Once you've fully customized your SP01 (using my easy to follow instructions ;)http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773) you will be the envy of your buddies for less than a grand!

What is a SP01? What's a Shadow......:-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

At the end i think its the user. Some glock shooters will claim their triggers are better than our CZ/Tanfo type triggers. As far as the shortage of stock II and III, if your motivated to find one you'll find it! kneelinatlas your the one who kept bugging me to shoot your CZ and finally i did, havent looked back since!

BUT a fully tuned SP01 has a better trigger than a fully tuned Stock II (you could call it my opinion, but I call it an objective fact :D ). SOOO if you're a Production gamer who's been frustrated by the scarcity of Stock II/IIIs and Shadows, there are more and more SP01s in stock every day

You can't blame me for everything Dean, we're the same kind of crazy! :cheers:

For the extremely budget minded or those with smaller hands, there are still a few surplus Jericho 941s (AKA Baby Eagle/Uzi Eagle/Desert Eagle Pistol) on GB for cheap: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=426275632 although I already cherry picked the two best :ph34r:

The fire control parts of the Jericho are identical to the Stock II except for the long hammer strut which it shares with the CZs (to it's advantage).

Edited by kneelingatlas

If you like front slide serrations, the Baby Eagle might not be for you. It has a tapered slide that makes it hard to get a grip on the front of the slide. I think that's my only complaint about that platform.

And in one way, Production is worse than Open and Limited. At least in those two divisions you can modify your gun to keep up with the latest features, in Production you need to buy a new gun with them on from the factory...

I think its a conspiracy between USPSA and gun manufacturers ;)

Really? you *need* to buy a new gun? Why not just shoot the old one? Do you really think it makes that much difference? How much did ben's scores improve when he switched to a stock II?

I admit, i'm coveting an accushadow, but I don't think it's hurting my scores to shoot a 75b in 40minor in production. The accushadow will inspire me to practice a little more tho.

Edited by motosapiens

If you like front slide serrations, the Baby Eagle might not be for you. It has a tapered slide that makes it hard to get a grip on the front of the slide. I think that's my only complaint about that platform.

I like to hook my fist on the rear sight to rack the side which is fortunate because with a slide mounted decocker safety BE, there isn't really anywhere else to do it without activating the decocker.

Really? you *need* to buy a new gun? Why not just shoot the old one? Do you really think it makes that much difference? How much did ben's scores improve when he switched to a stock II?

I admit, i'm coveting an accushadow, but I don't think it's hurting my scores to shoot a 75b in 40minor in production. The accushadow will inspire me to practice a little more tho.

Uh oh, who let this guy in? ;)

I like to hook my fist on the rear sight to rack the side which is fortunate because with a slide mounted decocker safety BE, there isn't really anywhere else to do it without activating the decocker.

My favorite pistols for this method of slide racking is the old non adjustable Tanfoglio rear sights the ones that are just a dovetailed blade. everyone laughs at me racking the slide with the rear sight till I hand them the gun and they do it once and get this look of surprise on their face at how easy it is.

It's a WITCH!!!!!!