Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Grips?

Boyeraz

I would like to replace my SV grip on my SV Infinity gun. Whats the best place to buy the grips? SVI has them on the web site however they are way over priced.

Anyone make a good after market option?

I'm assuming you have an older pistol with a polymer grip, right? If so, you can just order a plastic grip from STI. However, you can also order (at a much higher cost) a steel grip kit directly from Infinity. Yes they are expensive, but after shooting them, I'd never go back to a polymer grip. There are some other companies making steel grips but I'm not sure what their cost is. A quick search will probably answer your question.

May I ask you to give some insight on the benefits of using a steel grip vs. polymer?

For me, the feel is superior in every way to a plastic grip. Magazines insert and eject with less drag, leading to faster/smoother reloads. The extra 8 ounces of weight helps to manage recoil and you have many choices of size, shape, and texture to choose from.

May I ask you to give some insight on the benefits of using a steel grip vs. polymer?

Well Infinity guns don't come with plastic grips anymore, so unless you buy a used gun, it's moot. I have one of each. They are both really really good.

After doing thousands of grips mods on the STI/SV grips that has been shot all over the world, I do like the steel grips. Steel is the way to go. SV and PT grips are your options. Get the aggressive model, you can always take the texture down if it is to sharp, but you can't put it back on. The weight is a plus for recoil control. Think of the weight as a pendulum, the weight is where it needs to be in your hand.

Tommy Roupe

THR Technologies/Roupe Grips

I have their steel grips on three of my SV guns.

One grip, which I think is their signature, has the profile of the CZ. It is excellent. Makes a difference in the felt recoil and muzzle flip for me.

I am about to put a steel grip on my fourth SV.