Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat M&P Barrels

matt7184

Thanks for posting, Matt. At $230 it should shoot well. I am surprised they put in that damn slow twist 1-16. Wonder what kind of bullets they used and if they used different weight bullets to test? 1/2 inch at 25 yards is gonna have Les Baer flinching.

I assume it is a standard barrel at 4.95 and threaded. Why on earth tread this barrel?

I was just about to pull the trigger on a KKM threaded bbl but I might have to try this one out. The Wilson is $15 more but the satisfaction guarantee tips the balance in it's favor...

Barrel fixture means that... Not in a gun so it is really meaningless if the lock up is not perfect. Not for 5" guns which are the ones with the worst accuracy issues.

Thanks for posting, Matt. At $230 it should shoot well. I am surprised they put in that damn slow twist 1-16. Wonder what kind of bullets they used and if they used different weight bullets to test? 1/2 inch at 25 yards is gonna have Les Baer flinching.

I assume it is a standard barrel at 4.95 and threaded. Why on earth tread this barrel?

For a suppressor...I guess :)

Wonder if they will have one for a Pro or L model..

Tarkeg, bless you for being an optimist. How long now has the production of that Apex barrel been imminent? Obviously they have experienced major problems in one or more area's of development or production.

Tarkeg, bless you for being an optimist. How long now has the production of that Apex barrel been imminent? Obviously they have experienced major problems in one or more area's of development or production.

Yeah I know.... A guy can hope, can't he?

This morning I made the decision to upgrade the barrel on my M&P Pro 9L CORE. I have the newer barrel in mine with about 400 rds through it, but I have the extra money now and thought I would go for it. Getting the trigger done and sights at the same time. I just sat down and got on here to see what my options were other than KKM, not that KKM is bad. Now I see this???????

Signed Confused

This morning I made the decision to upgrade the barrel on my M&P Pro 9L CORE. I have the newer barrel in mine with about 400 rds through it, but I have the extra money now and thought I would go for it. Getting the trigger done and sights at the same time. I just sat down and got on here to see what my options were other than KKM, not that KKM is bad. Now I see this???????

Signed Confused

It doesn't look like they're making a 5" version yet.

Ah , i was wondering what that meant. I thought it was odd that they say typically 1/2 inch at 25 yards and typically 2 inches at 25 yards.

Barrel fixture means that... Not in a gun so it is really meaningless if the lock up is not perfect. Not for 5" guns which are the ones with the worst accuracy issues.

Signed Confused

I know, I saw that. I was just hoping I wasn't looking in the right place. I have the newer barrel in my M&P so I'm not sure I even need a new one. It sure does look good though.

Signed Confused

I know, I saw that. I was just hoping I wasn't looking in the right place. I have the newer barrel in my M&P so I'm not sure I even need a new one. It sure does look good though.

I hear ya! I have a newer barrel that does 3" @ 15 yds but would gladly drop the loot for a Wilson capable of 2" @ 25yds

I read through all of the reviews, and only saw one that impressed me. Most of the others that posted reviews are getting 2"-4" groups at 25 yards. I guess if you had one of the horrible M&Ps, that is an improvement. :surprise:

• 2 months later...

I just picked up one of these barrels and gave it a quick test:

Barrel.jpg

This was just dropped in, no adjustment to the sights, offhand shooting, with about 30 rounds down the pipe on the new barrel. The hood on the Wilson barrel is about .002" longer than the stock barrel (1.213" vs 1.211", going into a 1.218" slide - rough measurements with a cheapo digi caliper). I'm not very impressed, but haven't tried any other ammo. I did pull a few of the Wilson shots high, so some more thorough testing is in order.

Edited by Dave Gundry