Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stainless 2011

Solvability

I could be wrong but I thought I heard the Phoenix Technology was looking at both a 2011 receiver and slide.

Checked their website and see the frames but not the slides.

Maybe something in the future.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

2011 slides and 1911 slides are the same. Lots of people make 1911 slides in stainless. Check Brownells, Shooters Connection and all the other usuall supects and find a bunch of them.------------Larry

P / T makes a 2011 stainless frame, as of right now they are not buildIng slides, they have been on the drawing board and look at, so please don't call and ask for them, Brian is busy designing and redesigning other parts. Stay tuned on there web page and there Facebook for updates on new parts

I was told today nobody makes a 2011 with a stainless slide - is that true - is there a reason?

If your talking about an actual sti 2011 last time I checked I think they made a few, or you can buy a pt or ck clone frame and put any 1911 stainless slide you want on it...

I like the ease with which I can maintain the finish on stainless - do ya'll think that stainless would be a poor choice for strength or durability?

Not everyone's stainless is the same when it comes to hardness. I can tell you that my 6" Infinity Limited gun has around 17K rounds through it and it's still very, very tight. I'm currently shooting a carbon steel 5.4, but I've got a stainless one on order. Just keep the rails lubed and you'll have no issues.