Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How About Showing Your SHOTGUN(S) SETUP?

Nalapombu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mossberg 930 JM Pro 24"

Nordic extension that came with the gun + an XXL end cap giving me 10+1

MatchSaver

GG&G follower

GG&G forward sling attachment point with rail

Surefire 6PX flashlight

Opened and extended feed port

securedownload_zps79d44b90.jpg

securedownload1_zpsbbacb599.jpg

My 1301 with mods:

Plus 5 Nordic extension

Welded lifter

Loading port mod....thanks RAS

Rear sight with a Hi-Viz FO out front

Plus 1 mag extension from The Shooters Source (I love blue)

Blue Matchsaver

Stock shims added to get maximum LOP

Extended SS IC and M chokes are in transit from Optics Planet

A mix of shell caddies and vest rig (not in picture)

post-53162-0-39903800-1400549038_thumb.j

post-53162-0-38562500-1400549058_thumb.j

post-53162-0-96485900-1400549750_thumb.j

I guess I could make my fist post here.

JM Pro

Nordic +7 tube

Nordic low drag follower

welded lifter

beveled loading port

SkyTac bolt release

polished shell stop

hydro dipped Kryptic yeti , carbon fiber tube

fn LM Choke

post-53705-0-45743200-1400553411_thumb.p

LOTS of really nice gear showing up here. Glad you all are letting the rest of us in on your toys.

I've been thinking about maybe trading my M1 21 inch for one of those Beretta 1301 21 inch. I really like the way they look and come from the factory. Besides, sometimes I just like something different.

Keep 'em coming guys/gals.

Thanks all.

Nalajr

Benelli Vinci

SZ-Vinci_zpsd45a2956.jpg

In case you wanted more info:

Inspired by Patrick Kelley's and Brian Payne's Vincis, I upgraded my 3-Gun shotgun from a Browning Gold Hunter to the Benelli Vinci. It includes a Nordic Components 10 rnd tube (soon to be 12), Nordic Components follower, and a MatchSaverz. Not sure yet what sight system, if any, I will put on it, but I do have a set of the TruGlo turkey sights I had on my Browning that look like they will fit. Opened the loading port and that was about it. The bolt handle and bolt release work great from the factory, but I do wish it had a larger safety button (apparently there is someone working on one for the Vinci).

It is a very comfortable shotgun to carry, shoulder, load, and shoot.

we had a guy running an a5 at the last match at rockcastle. because of the vicious action on them it ripped the mag tube completely off the gun. stripped the threads out on the gun. it was in the middle of a shot. I couldn't believe it.

we had a guy running an a5 at the last match at rockcastle. because of the vicious action on them it ripped the mag tube completely off the gun. stripped the threads out on the gun. it was in the middle of a shot. I couldn't believe it.

Old style A5 or new? I hope old.

Old style A5 or new? I hope old.

It would take A LOT of force to rip and strip magazine tube treads! Are there pics?

Remington Versamax Tactical. Action work done by Triangle Shooting Sports. Carbon Arms 10 round mag tube, XS rear sight, Highviz front sight. Briley LM extended choke tube and bolt handle.

mtaq.jpg

As to the A5 busting apart, it seems like it could be a logical occurrence. The barrel moving back and forth pounding on an aluminum nut doesn't seem like it would take long to break down the threads.

I like that A5 that Patrick posted!

Has the Remington VersaMax became an equal to the Benelli M2 now? It seems as though there are an awful lot of shooters going with them rather than the Benelli M2's.

Thanks for posting them.

Nalajr

Equal to the M2? Not yet, I don't think. The M2 is still the top dog in shotguns but the VM is close, probably closer to the M2 than any other available shotgun on the market right now.

I think we are in a great place when it comes to 3 gun shotguns. Less than 10 years ago your choices were either a Benelli or a Remington 1100. Now we have two guns from Benelli, FN, Browning, Beretta, Remington, Stoger, Winchester and Mossberg all offering guns that can be considered competitive.

Edit to add CZ and Predator Tactical to that list.

Edited by T Bacus