Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You don't shoot heavy metal because your buddies shoot it. You shoot heavy metal because you don't take the easy way out and you like tearing shit up.

It's not for everyone.

Equipment rules? 308 iron sighted rifle, pump shotgun, 10 rounds max loaded in a .45 will cover it all.

There is a variation allowing an optic on the rifle only.

Some of us need some help seeing tiny little steel plates at 200 yards and beyond. <_<

That's not a variation of heavy metal. That's a different division called heavy optics. :)

You don't shoot heavy metal because your buddies shoot it. You shoot heavy metal because you don't take the easy way out and you like tearing shit up.

It's not for everyone.

Equipment rules? 308 iron sighted rifle, pump shotgun, 10 rounds max loaded in a .45 will cover it all.

Brian is right. You shoot He Man/Heavy Metal because you want to. It is fun though.

Hurley

There is a variation allowing an optic on the rifle only.

Some of us need some help seeing tiny little steel plates at 200 yards and beyond. <_<

That's not a variation of heavy metal. That's a different division called heavy optics. :)

Aren't some of the matches allowing a non-magnified optic in HM? Just as in TI?

Craig

Aren't some of the matches allowing a non-magnified optic in HM? Just as in TI?

Craig

Craig, just like [insert politcally incorrect social issue here], just because it's allowed, doesn't mean it's right

I doubt that being allowed to shoot a dot would make someone decide to shoot HM. Everyone I know that shoots it loves the guns involved and the challenge of shooting them well. A good run with my 870 or AR - 10 gives me much more satisfaction than an equal performance with with my other gear.

I love having guys in other divisions come up and ask how you can hit those long targets with irons. RO constantly comment on how they like watching the HM guys shoot. It's a damn shame more folks won't step up to the plate. It will be a big disservice to the sport to allow this division to die.

Chuck, you have been a veritable fountain of thoughtful and non sarcastic posts lately. Whats wrong, are you up for re-election or something?

The opposite actually. Last term, I do what I want now. (I was going to make a political statement but would never violate the terms of the forum...again)

I doubt that being allowed to shoot a dot would make someone decide to shoot HM. Everyone I know that shoots it loves the guns involved and the challenge of shooting them well. A good run with my 870 or AR - 10 gives me much more satisfaction than an equal performance with with my other gear.

I love having guys in other divisions come up and ask how you can hit those long targets with irons. RO constantly comment on how they like watching the HM guys shoot. It's a damn shame more folks won't step up to the plate. It will be a big disservice to the sport to allow this division to die.

Actually you would be surprised how many requests we have received for allowing 1x in our HeMan Iron division at RM3G, so we are going to do it this year. After watching the effect it had on limited irons, I think it may help, doubt it will hurt the division.

jj

Eta; changes have already been posted to our rules...www.rm3g.com

Edited by RiggerJJ

JJ, I think you are wise to give it a try. The guys that are shooting it now are still going to shoot it, and it may bring in a few more shooters.

Yep, we asked everyone in HMI, and that is what they said, almost 100%.

jj

• 4 weeks later...

What's the norm for HM to neautralize a paper target with rifle? Sometimes it's one round and some matches it's two. I'm having this debate with a local club now.

Same as anything else, 1A or 2 anywhere.

With the pistol in particular, it gives you a little bit of a challenge. On close range hoser targets, do you want to bust out 1 clear A, or just chainsaw the hell out of it? Ammo management vs. speed.

To be, the best thing about shooting HM was having "Pistol Grip Pump" by Volume 10 stuck in my head all day.

What's the norm for HM to neautralize a paper target with rifle? Sometimes it's one round and some matches it's two. I'm having this debate with a local club now.

Same as anything else, 1A or 2 anywhere.

With the pistol in particular, it gives you a little bit of a challenge. On close range hoser targets, do you want to bust out 1 clear A, or just chainsaw the hell out of it? Ammo management vs. speed.

To be, the best thing about shooting HM was having "Pistol Grip Pump" by Volume 10 stuck in my head all day.

Ammo management (recoil management too) with my M1A will be important. It is a wild ride compared to my TacOp mouse gun, but it's fun :)

Edited by SSgt82-02

I know at the TX MG match, at least for WWII division, it was one hit to neutralize, but if you missed, it counted as two misses. I think HM might have been the same, but it may have just been WWII because they didn't want us reloading Garands all day.