Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II resurgence

So does anyone think in our lifetime we will see Stock II's appear? I admit I got very lucky, right place at the right time, nothing more. I would like to find another or even a Stock III but I honestly don't see them and those who have them keep the Kung fu grip on them which I certainly would do the same. Just curious.

Sent from my flux capacitor

haven't seen any new 9mm or 38 super stock II's in my country for a while now and they were very steady in supply in the past. haven't seen any xtreme models here yet either. :(

on the upside I have my large frame 38 super stock II and 9mm barrel for it so I'm happy. :)

Edited by BeerBaron

There are some out there, you just have to know who to ask and then, ask nicely. ;)

BTW, no, I don't have one for sale so don't be asking me...

Brilliant marketing plan. And don't even think of finding one in 9mm in the states.

I understand that there is a shortage... I just don't understand why...

Does Tangfolio sell every 9mm Stock II they can make in Italy... Is it cost effective to only sell in Europe?

nope, we get tons up here in canada

I understand that there is a shortage... I just don't understand why...

Does Tangfolio sell every 9mm Stock II they can make in Italy... Is it cost effective to only sell in Europe?

funnily enough in their home country (Italy) 9mm (aka 9mm NATO, 9mm Luger, 9X19 etc) is banned for civilian use so I would assume they sell no 9mm stock II's at home. They do make 9X21mm for their domestic market though.

oh, and up to very recently we had a very steady supply here in Australia too.

Edited by BeerBaron

If anyone has a Stock II or III they'd be willing to part with for a Stock I brand new + $$$ let me know. I like the full dust cover and weight of those better than the Stock I. I know I have more chances of finding a needle in haystack than this but never know:-)

good luck man. like you said earlier, you gotta be at the right place at the right time or know someone that knows some other people to get one. I've seen them pop up on the forum here and there. just keep checking. they wont last long.

I think that would be an incorrect assumption on assuming a big name is now driving scarcity of Stock II 9mm. I've been looking for one for years, and did not even really know who Ben S. was til I moved to the corn belt. :)

I found one in 9mm used at a Cabelas in Omaha a couple years ago, and bought it for more $ than made sense. And I picked up a Limited Pro in 9mm off Gunbroker, once.... you at least see some Limited Pro 9mms out there. I have never seen a 9mm Stock II or Stock III on Gunbroker, and distributors are always out of stock. EAA gets tons of 10mm and 38 Super and 40SW, but the few 9mm ones that come in seem to be set aside for "those in the know". Or certain retailers that cater to delivering tuned up Stock II to customers standing in long lines.

Having to know who to call to get one is maddening. If they had been available in the numbers CZ has made avail for the SP01 and Shadows going back 5 - 10 years, there would be MANY more of these at matches.... but who wants to campaign a gun that you can't find? To many other good choices, that are actually available, with a parts base to support them.

They have been scarce in 9mm from the get go but I do think that Ben has had some kind of impact on shooters wanting to get their hands on one, especially if they shoot Production. I am not going as far to say he is the one and only driving force but I think being a multiple national champ lends credibility.

They have been scarce in 9mm from the get go but I do think that Ben has had some kind of impact on shooters wanting to get their hands on one, especially if they shoot Production. I am not going as far to say he is the one and only driving force but I think being a multiple national champ lends credibility.

I think Ben puts subliminal messages in his podcasts because since I started listening to him I'm finding myself drawn to the Stock II/CZ style of pistols. I think part of the problem, based on posts I've read here, is with EAA. It would be nice if a bunch of them were available. I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.

I will say that as far as Production goes, I think you can't get any better than the Stock II or a CZ. Ultimately it's the old saying "it's not the bow, it's the archer" but they are superior firearms. I keep thinking one day I'll see 9mm unicorns just appear:-)

I picked up my Stock II in .40 last December on GunBroker. Didn't seriously start searching for one until September before, but I recall that one or two would turn up on GunBroker every month. I'm sticking with my 9mm Match for 3gun, Limited and Steel Challenge for now.

I will say that as far as Production goes, I think you can't get any better than the Stock II or a CZ. Ultimately it's the old saying "it's not the bow, it's the archer" but they are superior firearms. I keep thinking one day I'll see 9mm unicorns just appear:-)

i would have to agree with you! To me its a production gun on steroids. its got the weight and your only shooting 9mm with minimal recoil. i was a little hesitant about the double action trigger but after my first match i didnt even notice it. Before i found my Stock II's, i seriously considered the CZ. if you look at the top 10 production shooter, most are shooting Tanfo/CZ style pistols. And i agree that its mostly the shooter but they shoot this style of a pistol for a reason. They have been tailored for IPSC style shooting. High beaver tail, internal magwell, full steel gun, target sights!