Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have You Removed Pre-Travel Successfully

BOOM

+1 for the DK triggers ... VERY adjustable... but take note of Daniel's recommendations ... they are 'preset' before he ships them... if you mess with the pre & over travel screws...it may take you awhile to reset them is you adjust too much and either the trigger does not work.or it disables some safeties... which is illegal in USPSA PROD guns.

Edited by J.P. Thomas

Update; had a short conversation with Johnny Glock today. From what he shared and seeing his Youtube Videos, Johnny understands Glock triggers.. If your looking for a hand tuned trigger specificly to your gun , or any modified parts he's got them

I still want to try this myself: just to know why my gun stopped running, and replace parts as needed. Gun parts do wear out.

Could anyone; tell me what the size, and length of the screws that are in there trigger housing . Small Allen screws, and wrench are tough to find my local ACE hardware doesn't carry much.

• 3 weeks later...

Did my own

Drill and Tap; $8.00 ,and still have it for any other triggers.

Screws; .20 each bought (2) , RC hobby store.

.035 screwdriver set; $7.00 harbor freight. Its handy tool to have any way

Total; $15. 40

Pre-Travel is GONE :D Set the pre travel wright at the wall no pre-travel before it breaks 1/8 total movement in the trigger. Safety function checked, and live ammunition tested. (Works great,) Best of all I learned more,about what works .

All I need to do is the DSK trigger bar fin modification to get that safety back on.

(THANK YOU ) to those here for helping me ...

John Glock; for sharing how he removes Pre-Travel with phone conversation,and videos, His Price for a complete drop in modified trigger is (Unbeatable). Give him a call he does explain every thing he does, and deliver a high quality product

Glock Works Zev Triggers; They are GREAT people that will help you in any way that they can. There trigger bar with (that trigger pad In my opinion is the Best out there hands down), Some day I'll own one. When mine die's ;)

• 4 weeks later...

You can do it, it's not hard. The issue still remains that you have to alter the trigger safety in order for it to still be functional and no matter what you do, the drop safety is compromised to a certain extent. Your concern should be whether you can drop the gun without the striker being released. No matter how I've limited pretravel in my testing, I do not trust that the drop safety will hold if dropped during a match. That, to me, makes the negatives outweigh any perceived positives in doing such a mod. YMMV I just don't want to be "That Guy" who's gun goes off if accidentally dropped during a stage.

The answers that I received I shared; A fulcum trigger is basically a trigger pad with a set screw installed in it. Youtube explains how there adjusted. Mayo is correct ; YOUR RESPONSIBLE for your OWN work you've done.

Has anyone succeed in eliminating all the pre-travel of a factory Glock trigger while still keeping all 3 of the safeties functioning.

No. I got a very good trigger function (minimal pretravel, no overtravel)but not with all working safeties. The Glock "design" is to use a bump on the trigger bar to raise the firing pin safety plunger up which means ANY modification that changes either the front to rear or vertical position of the trigger bar when it releases the striker, will mean that safety may not work right.

Guess how I learned that......

light strike misfires.

I assume if you had a way to build up metal on that bump and machine it to match exactly what the new trigger bar position was it might work....

I guess I'm not smart enough?

Edited by bountyhunter

Ha, yeah kinda. Depending on the trigger unit you drop in it can be adjusted considerably but its one of those things thats subjective to the shooter for whats "just right"

Ya gotta tip your hat to Johnny Glock.. Being able to call him and milk him for info on how to DIY pre travel reduction instead of buying his trigger bar..

I gotta remember next time i go to Longhorn to bring a steak from my house and just let them cook it for me for free..

Your avatar brings back memories. I was very into dirt bike racing back in the day, owned a 250 CZ. ( I like steak )

This far back in the day? I Moto Crossed a 250 Kawasaki and a 250 Suzuki in the 1970's.

Has anyone succeed in eliminating all the pre-travel of a factory Glock trigger while still keeping all 3 of the safeties functioning.

Yes, I have by installing the drop in Johnny Glocks kit.