Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I ready for 3G?

I AM TYPING THIS FOR THE SECONG TIME ARRRRRRG (Stupid post count... cant upload my pics)

Am I ready for 3G guys? Please comment and criticize =)

Rifle: Middy Spike Upper and Lower 5.56

- Magpul CTR with Larue Risr

- Magpul XTM, will use on barricade too

- Magpul "Iron"

- Magpul B.A.D Lever

- Timney 4 lbs with KNS Pins

- Demon Tactical Pin

- Primary Arms Micro Dot on Larue Mount

- Griffin Armement Comp

- B.A.D.A.S.S Selector

Pistol: SW MP CORE 9mm

- Trijicon RMR, probably going to remove so I will not shot in "Open"

- APEX Trigger

- Taran Tactical +5

Shotgun: Benelli M2 Field 21"

Upgrades are in the mail!

- NC +5 with Clam, NC Follower, NC Handle

- Taran Tactical Safety, Bolt Release

- Briley Crio + Spectrum Blck Light Modified

Belt: Dunno Yet!

This is what I am planing on doing:

- CR Speed Belt (Which One???)

- Blade Tech AR Pouch

- EZ8 Caddy

- Pistol Holster and Mag Holder, I have a Kydex set but I will probably get something else, suggestions?

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Please feel free to comment and criticize and advise I am new to 3G!

post-53662-0-53344100-1398731661_thumb.j

Edited by YellowShooter

Rifle: Check

Shotgun: Check

Pistol: Check.

Yup, youre ready! Assuming you have ammo and mags ;)

Dont get in a rush to buy too much equipment, you are likely to end up replacing it. The EZ8 caddy would probably be good to start off with, and then you can branch out as you get more experience. I wouldnt worry too much about pistol/rifle pouches. I just use the basic blade techs and they are good enough for me.

Agree with others. You have plenty of gun to get started with. Just use the holsters/pouches you have. Figure out the rest as you go. Get someone to let you borrow a shotgun loading gizmo before you get invested in any one style.

Get confident with a 6" plate at 30 yds with the pistol, a 10" plate out to 400 with the rifle and loading the shotgun. Also doesn't hurt to know where shotgun slugs hit out to about 100 yds. Greatest bang for buck will be getting long-range rifle hits quickly and loading shotgun swiftly. Beyond that, just generally get faster with each weapon and you will be winning.

Go shoot a match ASAP!

I'd say you are more than ready.

I shot my first match ever (a major with 200+ shooters) with a AK47 6moa red dot sight, benelli M3, SR9 pistol.

My son had similar, AK w scope, Ithica 37 clone, Tarus pistol.

We both placed slightly better than 50%

As everyone's said..go shoot.

The only things jumping out at me are lack of magnification on your rifle optic, and the RMR putting you into Open.

May or may not be an issue on the rifle optics, depending on your local matches. Ours go out to ~300yds or so, where a red dot sans magnification can be a bit less than ideal (although I ran a RDS + 3x magnifier for a while, good enough to get going).

The PST is a great optic for 3 gun. As far as the belt, my opinion is the DAA belt is far superior to the CR Speed. The DAA is super stiff, and has really good Velcro on it. The CR Speed feels floppy by comparison.

I agree. I run a CR Speed in USPSA for production, and it works great. But the amount of torque you put on the belt with shotshell caddies made me move over to DAA for 3 gun

I didn't see where you mentioned your rifle was zeroed. If it is, you're ready. If it's not- you're not ready.

I have mostly access to indoor only...

Iron and dot are both zeroed at 25 yrd.

IF I keep non magnified I would like to zero the iron to either 50 or 200 and keep the dot at 25.

Actually I am not sure that I know what I am talking about lol.

What's you guys recommendation?

I didn't see where you mentioned your rifle was zeroed. If it is, you're ready. If it's not- you're not ready.

IF I keep non magnified I would like to zero the iron to either 50 or 200 and keep the dot at 25.

Check the match announcement, it should say how far the rifle targets are for the match (club matches I've attended have all been that way). The series around here (Indiana) varies from 50 yrds to 400 supposedly, though I've not seen targets that far yet. If you already have irons or a red dot, I'd wait till you shoot some matches before buying a scope.

I would do the opposite, red dot using a 50/200 yard zero, and really iron it won't matter if they are at 25 or 50. POA/POI from 25 to 50 yards is about the same. Little off but if you put the dot in the center your gonna hit it at 25 or 50

Go get'um!

Oh I am getting you guys stuff alright!

Only thing is you guys stop doing that bolt exchange program!

I got all I could get from TTI :)

By the way I am not sure what the springs pak is for... Could you guys elaborate some more lol

And when are you guys bringing the bolt exchange program back, and can we get other finish then gody gold?

Thanks!!!

No magnification means you will be in limited at most matches. There is nothing wrong with being in limited as most competitors are in scoped tac and in an equipment race to get the next best thing. Scoped tac is not as much of an equipment race as open but it still exists. You will be in a class that has maybe 5% of the registrants instead of one that has 60%.

You just need to practice so you can reload your shotgun, know your rifle holds and hit small steel with the pistol.

Heads up on the Bladetech AR pouch. They're really back ordered right now. I've had 2 on order from optics planet since the beginning of the year. They just bumped my ship date from april 10 to the beginning of june :( I cancelled and just bought the safariland 774.

I like my CRSpeed, but I also use a CarbonArms chest rig for my shotgun shells instead of on the belt line.

Heads up on the Bladetech AR pouch. They're really back ordered right now. I've had 2 on order from optics planet since the beginning of the year. They just bumped my ship date from april 10 to the beginning of june :( I cancelled and just bought the safariland 774.

I like my CRSpeed, but I also use a CarbonArms chest rig for my shotgun shells instead of on the belt line.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/holsters-belt-gear/magazine-belt-pouches/ar-15-m16-tek-lok-magazine-pouch-prod22738.aspx

These? 28$ in stock :)