Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January

benos

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

Ah, the ol' equation technique. I always default to the "imagination technique." Which, in this instance, took a bit more than 10 minutes. :) I got to 9 the same way, but then I saw the pattern of "times 3," so I multiplied 9 by 3 and then checked a bunch of examples...

be

When can you add two to eleven and get one as the answer?

A lady is sunbathing at a nude beach because she heard it was the best way to get an overall tan. Day after day she lies out in the sun but cannot get a complete tan. Why?

If it takes a man one hour to dig a hole 2 meters long, 2 meters wide, and 2 meters deep, how long will it take the same man to dig a hole 4 meters long, 4 meters wide, and 4 meters deep, assuming he digs at the same rate of speed?

How many times can you subtract 5 from 25?

(Edited by Avalanche at 5:49 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

A lady is sunbathing at a nude beach because she heard it was the best way to get an overall tan. Day after day she lies out in the sun but cannot get a complete tan. Why?

Because she's blond and still wearing clothes.  :)

If it takes a man one hour to dig a hole 2 meters long, 2 meters wide, and 2 meters deep, how long will it take the same man to dig a hole 4 meters long, 4 meters wide, and 4 meters deep, assuming he digs at the same rate of speed?

8 times as long.

How many times can you subtract 5 from 25?

As many times as you like provided you are not offended by negative numbers.  

Brian

You remember when we flew to Brazil and I had that book of mind games? I can't remember how long the flight was - but my frickin' brain was fried at the end of the trip! I don't think I got any of the answers right either???? Who knows - I think the Varig lady was loading the Jack and Cokes pretty stout on that trip!

No wonder it took so long to graduate college! Alcohol and thinking just don't mix!

JB

• 11 months later...

Of course this question is from our very own Trivia Master -

Who was the first IPSC World Champion?

What state does he 'originally hail from?

What make gun/gunsmith did he use?

Who came in second?

As usual, the first individual to post all four correct answers in one post will be the winner.

And since it isn't "my" question, I take no responsibility for the answers that I provide as actually being correct.

:)

good luck -

be

I've got an evil idea for 2003.  What if this year, the entries had to be submitted via email?  That way, people couldn't use previous posts to cobble together "the" answer.

Evil enough to be worthwhile?

Or maybe people should just sit on their hands until they got the whole answer.

That's kinda the idea of the multi-part questions....let anxious people hang themselves.....(SiG Lady....I wasn't aiming that at you, necessarily....)

...and miss having (if nothing else) the joy of the first post??!! Not this time. Just be glad it wasn't a limerick. (For that matter, it still COULD be.) Hmmm... I can see that I'm going to hve make a couple of phone calls and call in a trivia favor or two...

Ray Chapman

Former police officer and USMC vet

started shooting in the early 50's with a Colt SAA,

one of the founders of IPSC,

was first seed, and won the first IPSC world championship in 1975,

shooting a colt 1911,

founder of one of the "big 4" shooting schools,

originator of the chapman" shooting stance,

retired in 1979,

and because of this, I would guess Clark or Wilson, so I am gonna say Wilson,

I mean Clark,

I mean Wilson,

no, its Clark,

but I'm saying Wilson...

sorry, I am not mature enough to sit on my hands, and I have exhausted all my sources!

(Edited by Madmark at 8:48 pm on Jan. 3, 2003)