Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January

benos

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(m/mark: check your messenger.)

OK, I knew about the gun(but just spaced it out), among other things, but can't find the second-placer or the state of origin.

I'm officially out.

Won't pester you any more--this time!

Have fun!

I think I've got three of the 4 answers (not sharing yet ;-)  Can't for the life of me figure out who was 2nd at the first IPSC world shoot.

Do I get any brownie points if I tell you that my first "race rig" was a Chapman Hi-Rise holster?  ;-)

Bruce

Erik,

That is evil, but I don't think I especially like it, because, one, I'd have to deal with a boatload of emails individually, and two, I kinda like watching/letting folks help each other out in order to win something.

;)

I'm gonna go with Ray Chapman, Texas, Colt/Pachmayr, and [no clue about 2nd place].

I do know that BE finished second to TGO in the 1983 World Shoot... does that count for anything?  <grin>

Bruce

(Edited by bgary at 6:24 pm on Jan. 7, 2003)

(Edited by bgary at 6:34 pm on Jan. 7, 2003)

I can't remember that editing your post would disqualify you, normally. (It could've, however, in last years "special" December triviathon.)

I think the only time it "could" serve to disqualify you would be if your "edited" post contained the correct (total) answer, and, if that post now just happened to appear before someone else's correct, or partially correct answer. So, edit away, with prudence of course, because you won't get much past this bunch of savvy posters.

;)

I have been researching this question in old American Handgunner magazines. In the March/April 1978 issue is an article about the 1977 IPSC World Championship. Jeff Cooper is the author. He talks about the International Practical Shooting Confederation being formed at the Columbia Conference in 1976. He  also says the first international championship was hosted by the Swiss at Glattfelden in 1975. It was won by Ray Chapman. The other major event in 1976 was the Austrian World Championship. This was the second international contest & was not held under the rules of the newly formed IPSC. It was won by Jan Foss of Norway. Since Ray Chapman won in 1975 before IPSC was formed is this a trick question and is the real answer the 1977 IPSC Championship and the correct answer is 1st: Dave Westerhout of Rodesia, 2nd Peter Maunder also of Rodesia? My head is spinning.

Bill Nesbitt

I think you are reading too much into the question Bill.  I think you have the parts of the question correct in your first post, only now you have to find out who was 2nd to Ray in '75.  I left a message on Ray's phone, no answer yet, and Jeff has not returned my email.  I think it might have been Jerry Usher.